Notices

10 ten and holding!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 ten and holding!

Well it's day 10 sober and I'm feeling pretty good. I still do experience anxiety which I hope will go away soon (any thoughts?) In 3 weeks, my husband would like to go up to our vacation house for a long weekend. I would also really like to go. This will be 3 weeks sober and yes, there will be opportunities to drink--friends that drink--but that is everywhere. I do have the chance to bring my mother for any support I need (I did let her in on my problem.) Any thought on this plan? I am working with my doctor. He has me on antabuse (useless because I don't plan to drink, vitamin B1, 2 doses of antidepressants and camparal. I also have anxiety pills when I need them. I have had no particular cravings for alcohol. (By the way, I have been so motivated by the people on this site--thank you so much!)
Diane
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope3

Congratulations on your 10 days and your plan.

Sounds like you have a strong determination.

I'm 4 plus months sober and for me it is getting easier.

However, there are times that the cravings come, and I

just let them pass. They do pass. So, I just wanted to say hi

and keep up the good work, hope3
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

10 days is great! i've always heard that it's a smart idea to have someone along for support - and a good escape/back up plan. congrats, seazr - k
Old 04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by seazr View Post
Well it's day 10 sober and I'm feeling pretty good. I still do experience anxiety which I hope will go away soon (any thoughts?) In 3 weeks, my husband would like to go up to our vacation house for a long weekend. I would also really like to go. This will be 3 weeks sober and yes, there will be opportunities to drink--friends that drink--but that is everywhere. I do have the chance to bring my mother for any support I need (I did let her in on my problem.) Any thought on this plan? I am working with my doctor. He has me on antabuse (useless because I don't plan to drink, vitamin B1, 2 doses of antidepressants and camparal. I also have anxiety pills when I need them. I have had no particular cravings for alcohol. (By the way, I have been so motivated by the people on this site--thank you so much!)
Diane
Diane,

10 days is a miracle!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'mk so glad you have confided in your mom. I know she loves you and that may be the perfect backup plan you need for the upcoming weekend.

Whe I was 10 days sober I hadn't even been to treatment yet. For some reason, God removed the complusion to drink from me the very minute I made a decision to get help. I was very, very lucky. I even took my kids on a vaction to Disney World before I began Intensive Ourpatient Therapy.

I sounds like you are doing most everything you can. A question thought which may have come up already. Besides you DR., do you have any kind of face-to-face support, such as AA? I don't know how you feel about that but in my experience, this kind of support is invaluable when used in conjuction with a DR's help.

Hang in there, I'm evidence that it just keeps getting better and better. The anxiety will subside the longer you stay away from the alcohol.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed
Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 10, Diane !!

...looks like we're just about in the same place on our journey...as for anxiety, I suffer from that too...I can only say that, for me, recognising what it is, and that it is caused by the changes that are occurring in my body and my life, helps.

Confiding in people really helps too...I've confided in most of my good friends...hope to get the rest of 'em this week...personally, I find that not having to hide my problem anymore is a great weight of my shoulders, and has removed a major source of my anxiety.

and you're right - this is a great place !

I wish you strength and I wish you well
D
Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

congratulations!
like Dee said getting our problems out is wonderful, it avoids dark stuff tormenting us.Its wonderful you have your mom there for you. Moms are just more comprehensible when we explain exactly what's going on. I have mine too, plus you guys.
being sober is being honest, being clean is being in control of self love. your positivity is helping me right now.

keep it up: you are inspiration
Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great job Seazr. Keep it up. It only gets better.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Great job...you should feel pretty good physically now, and it will only get better!!!!!

Cathy
Old 04-16-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After 18 months sober, I can tell you that I do believe it gets easier. Keep up the good work. You are not alone.

Best wishes,

jozran
Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Seazer -

Congratulations on 10 days. Taking your mom along sounds like a great idea. I just came home from outpatient and we were discussing just that. If going to a place that may have triggers, take along someone who is sober and knows about your problem. The can help you stay strong.

I have 12 days and don't plan to give it up for anything!!

TinLizzy