Hi Everyone!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Well, things in my life have kind of turned crazy. I hate that feeling, especially after all the serenity I had been experiencing after finally breaking it off with ex-ABF two or so months ago.

He has been doing all sorts of crazy things... he used the key he had to get into my house once... took it from him... then realized he had made a copy and came in AGAIN and now I've had to change the locks... shows up at strange hours requesting to "talk"... it is horrible. My father finally talked to him so that I wouldn't end up calling the police... that worked for a few days, until he found out -yes, I've had a date with a new guy.

Of course, he's back in a tailspin now. Phone calls and text messages... i.e., "I bet you're sleeping with him in OUR bed"... which of course is ridiculous because ex-ABF never lived here nor is anything of mine "ours" or "his"... he never contributed to this house at all. He jumps between mean and hateful comments to professing his undying love in seconds... it is really starting to freak me out. And I NEVER thought he would be like that. Some people just show you their true colors tenfold once they don't get what they want...

In other news, my best friend's husband appears to be spiraling out of control too with his using... and now he's trying to break up her and my friendship... and that just has me very upset too. I made some silly comment the other day and he just went off on me and hasn't spoken to me since - and it's just horrible. I don't know what to do about it... but I have to figure out how to let it go, because it is killing me. He's just becoming worthless... doesn't have a job... verbally abuses her... it is killing me.

Anyway, there are good things in my life too - my job is going well... and this new guy that I met is just wonderful and seems to be handling the whole "crazy ex" thing remarkably well... he's a very nice guy. I just hope that I can do my best to hold up my end of the new relationship with all that is going on in my life.

I am so glad I have my program - I'm about to start my fourth step and am very excited about that. I know it will be tough, especially with all that is going on in my life, but I also think it might be a good time to do it too, when my emotions are raw and I'm not concerned with coming off "badly". We will see how it goes.

Hope you all are doing okay... of course, any advice or words of wisdom you may have concerning any of my crazy dilemmas is much appreciated!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear about your job and that you have a wonderful new man in your life, you do deserve to be happy. sorry about your friend and her husband but unfortunately there is not much you can do about them other than offer her a meeting or two. do what you have to do to keep yourself safe, an out of control addict can be a little dangerous. sorry that he is so out of control right now and i hope he finds his way soon. keep the focus on you and your life. keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad to see you. i am sorry about your ex but it seems as if you have things pretty much under control. you are doing good in your recovery. hugs, hope
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You sound good...and strong. I am glad you are dating and moving forward with your life.

Hugs,
Dolly