Notices

New Here

Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

I have Bi-Polar, Depression, severe Anxiety issues, and have recently started to admit to myself that I just may have a drinking problem.
I am currently in Therapy and taking medication for the Anxiety, as it has wrecked havoc on my employment career and currently has left me in danger of becoming homeless again.
My mind plays way too many tricks on me, or so I've been told.I am searching for my place in Life basically. I am up and down numerous times thruout one day. Im all-over-the-place you could fairly say.
The only time im at peace and my mind is not on drinking, is when im researching and awakening the masses to social injustice.

Sorry for my life story just thought Id introduce myself a lil.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi whirlwind,
Welcome to SR! You will find some great people here on the many different forums. While you wait for some more replies, take a look around- read some posts and don't forget to look at the stickys for some good information too.
I'm glad you found us and it's nice to meet you.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi whirlwind,
it's only been just over a week since I joined the gang here, but it's been well worth it...lots of help, support, advice and always a friendly non judgmental ear just to listen...

hope to see you round...maybe even coax a bit more of that life story outa ya ?!

peace
D
Old 04-14-2007, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey whirlwind, welcome !

I had the same symptoms when I was drinking. They all but vanished when I quit drinking.

Anxiety and depression go hand in hand with an alcoholic. Even more so if you're physically dependant.

Quit for 3 or 4 months. See if you feel better.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it will get better

hi whirlwind....i know how you feel....i suffer from depression and anxiety also,and have been on anti depressants since december.....my therapist told me that when you drink and take antidepressants,the alchohol decreases the medicine's abilityto work correctly.....you're taking antidepressants and drinking a depressant.....kinda defeats the purpose....when i stop drinking,it gives the medicine a chance to work properly....i have been sober THIS time for almost three weeks,and have noticed that the anxiety levels have really gone down in me....i still suffer from depression,but i feel like i am able to handle it better being sober.....it's alot harder......drinking away your depression is the coward's way out.....

keep on hangin on.....it'll get better....and keep going to your therapist...it helps to talk things out...and,keep coming here...alot of good advice and support here.......it helps me every day......KT
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hiyas and welcome!!!

Glad your here!!

Liss
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Whirlwind,

Welcome!

Many of us here have issues with anxiety and depression and have used alcohol and/or drugs to cope with life. It can be a struggle, but I'm glad you are in therapy and using medication.

Keep reading and posting.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Whirlwind,

I'm Rowan, alcoholic/pill addict, fellow sufferer of depression and anxiety. You are no longer alone, my friend. Glad you decided to join us. Please keep posting.

Row
Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

very nice to meet you, whirlwind. i hope you find some answers and comfort here. blessings, k
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome aboard my friend!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Whirlwind. Glad you could join us and thanks for telling us about yourself. I know anxiety. It's an old enemy of mine. When I was drinking, it used to lurk about outside of my drunken state waiting to get me during the hangovers. I was terrified most of the time. I'm pleased to say that now I am dealing with it as it comes, it no longer hits me in one huge dose. For me, that is the most wonderful thing I have noticed, since quitting the booze.
Good luck!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR whirl!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for all the welcomes and support.. Ive been doing better with my drinking, and my Pyschlogist has doubled my dosage of my medications and today i felt alot better.

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Existence is the Essence.

Welcome Whirlwind_soul, as one newcomer to another.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope3

Welcome whirlwind, you will find a lot of support on SR,

And a lot of information. Search around in the different forums, I am ADD, so I post in the mental health forum as well.

Read and post, give and take, hope3