Been Expecting It.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thumbs down Been Expecting It.

Hello SR Family,
I just felt like I needed to tell you all here that what I've been knowing was going to happen, has. As most of you know, my son is the addict/alcoholic in my life. I knew that it was just a matter of time before he was arrested and this time he will more than likely go to prison. Well he was arrested night before last and I found out about it last night by my daughter. She is so upset about it and she waited until after my grandson's ballgame to tell me about it, so that she could tell me calmly and privately, because she knew that I would fall to pieces. Well, to my surprise and hers, I think, I didn't. I am very blue about it and I think that I just really don't know what to feel or think. The bad part is that he was arrested for a different charge completely than I thought he would be. It's a serious one, too. My son has still not contacted any of our family, which is so unlike him. I really don't know what to think about it, except that maybe it's because of the particular charge that he was arrested for. I miss him so terribly. I haven't seen his beautiful face for almost 3 months now. Well, I guess that's enough whineing for now. I'm not very encouraging or supportive right now, I know. I'm sorry. I'm just so sad and blue. Thank you to anyone who might have endured reading my post.
((((((((((((((((((Empathy Hugs To All, for each of your pain)))))))))))))))))))))
Old 04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Nina Kay)))) I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and prayers for your son and whole family. Remember, he has a god, too. This may be a wake up call. No matter what, it's part of HIS path.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh nina, i am so sorry. i hope this is the first time & last time.i know your pain.my prayers for you & your son & family. hugs,hope
Old 04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, I am saying a prayer for you and your son right now...Peace to you..
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

(((NinaKay)))
I'm keeping you, your son and all the family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this will be what your son needs to stop and make some changes.
Please take care of yourself. I hope you can get a chance to see him soon.
hugs,
cmc
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending hugs to you...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Nina Kay,
Sorry you're feeling so down. I know that feeling all too well when my son/s both went to jail.
But, here's the best part...you can get a good nights sleep knowing he's warm, fed, and not on the streets, and also, well...I believe that jail saved both of my son/s lives.

As you may have possibly already read, in a previous post, they were both released in March, and both are sober for today.

Jail gives them alot of time to think.

Nina, this may be a good thing, really.
Although I know how sad you are, maybe it's your son's H.P. leading him in the right direction.

Big hugs to you,
Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nina, Just sending some mom hugs and prayers your way. I know this is a difficult time for you, but as has been said, this is his path. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nina,
Sorry that you are feeling so blue. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for your son. Praying that he finds his way and sending you great big hugs.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Nina Kay))
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh Nina,
I am sorry. I know that it is terribly shocking and disbelief. I went to pieces as well when my husband was arrested and charged...although I was expecting it to happen one day, but not prepared either for the charges he was up on...that was hard. I truely thought he would be picked up for some drug charges...driving charge, when the phone rang from the police station and they told me he was in custody and being charged with 5 counts of armed robbery...oh god is there such a feeling of being alive and feeling lifeless.

It does take a few days or so for your mind to process it, slowly but surely that shocking feeling isn't so powerful.

My thoughts are with you...

Rose
Old 04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nina, i'm so sorry. I know it is so hard to miss your son. I rpay that he is where he needs to be and that this may be his wake up call. Praying for strength and peace for you as well. Hugs and prayers.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((((NinaKay)))))))))))))

Big hugs from one mom to another.
I'm so very sorry for what has happened.
You, and your son, are both in my thoughts and
prayers tonight.
With Love and Understanding,
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nina Kay - It took me a while to say "my daughter is an addict" and then "Prepare for the worst HOPE for the BEST" - we are never prepared for the worst - such terrible news for you - so glad you have SR to support you - so many experiencing similar circumstances and can share your pain with you. Prayers and (((HUGS)))
Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To Life!

((((Nina))))

Remember to be good to yourself right now.
Take a nice bubble bath; read a good book; go to a spa and get a message if you can. You deserve it.

Remember to let go and let G*D...

Shalom!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Special hugs and prayers for you and your son, NinaKay, I know this is a very shaky time for you.

This may also be what saves his life. Sometimes God has to put a big roadblock out before we actually detour.

Whatever happens, just know that we're walking with you and that we love you and care.

Hugs
Old 04-14-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm so sorry nina,

my husband ended up in prison too, as bad as i thought it was, i had to realize that maybe it was gods way of saving his life and my sanity. maybe now your son may wake of to what has caused him so much trouble and want to get better. keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Nina)))
Old 04-14-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Still learning...and seeking!

Nina.....prayers for you and your son. Please try to believe...there is a plan, being laid...at this time.

When my son was arrested...it was the answer to my prayers!

He was incarcerated, continuously, for 13 months...from the time of arrest(jail), and then 6 months in a therapeutic treatment center.

I now like to say...he got what he needed. He is doing great...and honestly...there are days when "drugs" do not enter my mind!
Teach said it all.

Let go and let God!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Nina))))
You and your family are in my prayers
(((Hugs)))
Cece