Taking Vicodin

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking Vicodin

Hey there. I havent posted very much as I have been feeling rotten. Ive had an adsessed tooth and went to a dentist who in turn gave me vicodin and an antibiotic. Alot of you know that Im an addict. I did start a thread on this in the substance abuse forum so I wont repeat everything here. I have kicked the pills out to the curb. I cant seem to do very well with them. My bf has had them and gives them to me, but the addiction is still too strong.

I also just wanted to update every one on my other happenings in my life. Aside from the tooth pain, my kidneys are hurtin something fierce. As some of you know my kidneys and liver shut down in August. So this is nothin new to me. Im wondering if my kidneys and liver cant tolerate or filter the vicodin I did take? I have to go to jail this weekend, so it will give my kidneys time to quit hurtin or get worse. If it should get bad over the weekend, they will let me go to get medical attention. I will just have to make up the weekend. I only have 14 more days plus my probation officer from the place I lived before, gave me an addition 7 days to serve when I finish my weekends. Its a bummer but my new probation officer said he would let me do weekends if I was workin. Im never gonna get out of the legal system.

Also an update on the tickets I recieved of Driving while revoked have been pushed off till summer. My lawyer is working on my license still and she is hoping to get time served with me doin weekends in jail right now. So that is a big blessing in my life today. Nothing is final. I could still face some serious jail or prison time, but I and my lawyer are hopeful. So I am keepin my chin above water for today. If I dont log back in today, every one have a good weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Gwen, please be careful with those pills they wont do any good for you?

Sending prayers your way and much support.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

gwen, i have to agree with jewelz,those pills are bad for you.you being the addict you know this. i am not understanding this at all. there is NO excuse to take any kind of drug.are you going to any n.a. meetings? you are doing so good to screw up now. it sounds promising with court & all. hang in there,i understand you have a lot on your plate but "chew" it one day at a time.i am saying a hard prayer for you & hopeing you will be ok.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I would say take Tylenol, but with kidney and or liver issues you don't wnat to do that.
I guess ice.. get the tooth removed or a root canal etc.
Take the antibiotics and drink lots and lots of water.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
gwen, i have to agree with jewelz,those pills are bad for you.you being the addict you know this. i am not understanding this at all. there is NO excuse to take any kind of drug.are you going to any n.a. meetings? you are doing so good to screw up now. it sounds promising with court & all. hang in there,i understand you have a lot on your plate but "chew" it one day at a time.i am saying a hard prayer for you & hopeing you will be ok.

Thanks Hope. I have decided that the pills are jepordizing my recoverty and thats why I booted them. The tooth is absessed and is causing a severe infection. With the Crohns Disease I have no immune system to fight off infection. I also have several allergies to most antibiotics. I have been able to take some penicillin and it is helping. I have to see an oral surgen next week to have them removed but he cant do that with the infection. I dont get to meetings but have been on the phone every day with my sponsor talking it over with her. I also talk with my probation officer too. I do have a wonderful support systemn when it comes to my recovery with my phone list from the meetings I have been to, my sponsor and my family. They are all aware of what is going on. I know better than to do this alone.

Thanks for the prayers. I need them every where I can get them. I have been talking to my HP alot too on this.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((Gwen))
You've come so far, you can get through this series of set-backs, too. Good for you for kicking the pills to the curb -- Make sure they fall down into the storm drain!! I would suggest making an emergency appointment to get your tooth fixed. And I would also suggest that you tell your dentist that you can't take any pills. They're hazardous to your health.. period.. and you need to protect yourself. Each weekend, you get closer and closer to the end. Keep looking at the benefits you are getting from your time in jail.. the people you help, a new book you get to read, etc.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gwen You just take care of yourself, ok. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-13-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GwenMarie30 View Post
The tooth is absessed and is causing a severe infection. With the Crohns Disease I have no immune system to fight off infection. I also have several allergies to most antibiotics. I have been able to take some penicillin and it is helping. I have to see an oral surgen next week to have them removed but he cant do that with the infection.
Oops, sorry Gwen. I posted my comment before I noticed this. HUGS
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I'm no doctor but your liver is responsible for processing a lot of things and thd kidneys are impacted by a lot of medications we put into our body if taken in excess. So given the fact that you've had problems with your liver and kidneys....it makes sense that you reacted to the vicodin the way you have. Like I said I am not a doctor and could be completely off base here.

Gwen...good for you for kicking the pills to the curb...your recovery is strong.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gwen, i'm sorry, one day at a time you will get through this though, i hope you feel better soon. keeping all you and yours in my prayers.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dreamer

Good for you to throw the pills out! I know that wasn't easy either. There must be something that can be taken for pain that does not produce such a high like vicodin..etc. Is there? I ex's troubles started when he had a knee injury when he was 19 and couldn't play pro football (some of his friends made it to the pros) and the doctor gave him vicodin and it's all history from there.

So sorry about the possible jail time...but you made a huge step by throwing the pills out...strong body---strong mind!! And a strong mind will help you to get through anything!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers to you, Gwen. Each weekend, you are that much closer to getting your time over with. You are doing so good and your posts are very inspiring. Please continue to take good care of yourself. You CAN do this!!! Hope your tooth feels better soon.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((gwen))))) i just want you to get some professional (drs) care.maybe going into the emergency room or something for some kinda antibiotic. i also know there is non narcartic pain medication, but i do not know what your body can tolorate. i know that you know i care & i am just concerned. more prayers,
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Hope. I know you care. Hugs! I am on antibiotics. I did go see a dentist and he is sending me to an oral surgen. I gotta run. I have to go see my dentist now and I am off to do my weekend in jail. All of you have a good weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself, Gwen. I shudder when I think of someone prescribing vicodin to someone with a leaning toward addiction. Even I feel a strong pull whenever vicodin is in the house, and I don't think I got many of the addictive genes in my family. But when it's around, I feel myself wanting to take it....(GiveLove shudders) I can't imagine how an addict might feel. Weird, I know, but still.

Hugs and prayers to you for all you're fighting through -- you're one brave woman!

GL