Notices

Can anyone offer any imfo ?

Old 04-13-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Can anyone offer any imfo ?

I wanted to know if anyone here knows if there is such a thing as an online sponsor , Sometimes I cannot make the NA meetings in my area , and I find myself needing to contact someone to offer advice, support ect. I would appreciate any assistance that any could offer. Thanks JEI
Old 04-13-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JEI,

It might be possible to find an online sponsor.

I would suggest that you post in the Narcotics Addiction - 12 step Support forum and ask your question there.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiyas JEI,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find a sponser but in the meantime, if you ever need to, post here, ask here, we cant give advice as if from a doctor but there are plenty to share experiences or just listen and talk!

Liss
Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

JEI have you thought about an AA sponsor?

Step 5 ain't happening the way it should at a minimum with out some face to face.

I ask advice of a lot of folks in the rooms, but when it is some really down and dirty caca I speak with my sponsor.

My sponsor sponsors another guy about 70-80 miles down the road from him, 90% of it is done over the phone, but they make sure they hook up at least once a month.

JEI if you are in Phili I know you could at a minimum be able to get an AA person to sponsor to sponsor you, a lot of us AA folks were into the drug scene as well, but our DOC was alcohol.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will strongly consider just that , My hopes is that when I attend my NA meeting today ,I could possibly find a strong , veteran recovering addict, but if one isn't availiable I will consider the AA sponsor , Originally my DOC was alcohol , it's almost a shame to say it but sometimes I wish that if I had to abuse that it was still alcohol .This drug S**T is really destroying my life. Thanks for all of your comments and advise. JEI
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

JEI saying what you just said you may want to talk to both an NA & AA oldtimer in a bit of depth as to which program would benefit you the most.

There are an awful lot of the folks in the rooms in my area that are in AA even though they had a raging drug problem that spawned for alcoholism.

I will be honest and say I could take anyone through the steps, but if drugs were the guys primary problem I am not sure I would be able to relate well enough with him, I smoked plenty of dope, but crank, coke, crack, smack, etc. I have never done.

Now if you want to talk about drinking!!!! Or how to stop, you got your boy here!!! LOL