Three years here on 4/14 - just want to thank all of you

Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three years here on 4/14 - just want to thank all of you

I found this board when I was so lost, confused, and hurt. I'm still lost, confused, and hurt .... but it's a lot more manageable and life is a whole lot better than that first day I found myself here.

Thanks to every single one of you .... those who are still here and those who are now gone. I'm always glad to see new people who find this place, and I'll be forever grateful for the people I have had the priviledge to meet, and become friends with, because of this place.

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better;
Some have gone and some remain.
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends
I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living;
In my life, I've loved them all.

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you,
And these memories lose their meaning,
When I think of love as something new.
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I'll often stop and think about them;
In my life, I love you more.

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I'll often stop and think about them;
In my life I love you more,
In my life I love you more.

- John Lennon (October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980)
Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

prodigal, Thank you for sharing, I try to always read your threads or replys, I have been so thankful for your answers to all.

I am not good with replys, but I want them to know everything so I count on you to fulfill my wants. How about that for putting a burden on ya?? LOL

I am soo glad you found SR and so thankful for the help you have received here. SR and the members are on my gratitude list right along with AA and Al-Anon.
LV YA gal, and BIG HUGS Do something nice for your SR annivarsary,
Old 04-13-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Zoey

I honestly did not post this to get kudos for anything I have offered. I wanted to celebrate every single one of you here for what you have given me. Okay. I sound like a big blowhard. I admit it. It DOES sound that way.

Please believe me, I do not mean it that way. I just want you all to know that I owe you a debt of gratitude. This was posted to celebrate YOU. Yeah, you guys on your crappy days. You guys who are hurting, confused, in pain, doubting yourself, doubting the addict, doubting your very sanity.

There isn't a damn thing here that hasn't been a reaffirmation of life, regardless of the pain. I thank God for every single one of you.

Zoey, you are precious to my heart. I love you, and believe me - saying "I love you" to anybody was something I was incapable of doing until a few years ago!

However, I would like to make a request to anyone who reads this post. Would you please just read it and refrain from replying? (Zoey, don't take that as a criticism of your reply - it is not!!!) I don't want replies. I just wanted to thank you all. That is enough.

Thanks again, and God bless every single one of you beautiful people.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you to you too, Prodigal!

I can't even remember when I found this forum, but I do believe that you were here. You've always been so strong and your words are kind, full of support and wisdom. We're here for each other!!!!

By the way....I love that song!

Grace
Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oops!

I'm known for being somewhat impatient. I replied before I saw your request, Prodigal! Then I saw that we joined at the same time. I couldn't remember, because I'm still in somewhat of a fog from the surgeries. The cloud is lifting....IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!!!

Have a great weekend!
Grace
Old 04-13-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
up and out

Prodigal, you are one of the people that make this board so helpful. I've looked up to you since I came here a few months ago. Much love to you.

P.S. I Looooooove that song!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you have been here for 3 years and making important contributions to this wonderful forum. Starting in Oct. 2003, I can remember 'lurking' for 1 1/2 years before actually joining this forum. I, too, came here in a moment of pure desperation, pain and confusion .. and was so surprised and relieved to find some place where people that actually understood what I was going through.. and saw my story was the same as so many others struggling with this disease.

Thank you for all your insights and involvement ..and I hope you continue to hang around helping others as you already have in the years to come.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Prodigal ! When I first came here you offered your welcome, and have given me such hope and encouragement......