re: PETS and fyi grace

Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

re: PETS and fyi grace

I wanted to let you all-and I believe Grace know that if you leave an abusive situation and have to leave animals behind--itcan be a problems--for the pet---it is very likely that the A etc..could abuse the an
imal just out of revenge....
Maybe not a good idea to leave them behind.....I belong to an Assoc for Dogs where they talked about this the other day and it bothered me so I thought maybe someone might need this info

Certainly it is most important for all the humans to leave safely--but have a plan for your pets as well. Maybe where you are going to live you will not be able to take them with you,,there are many of us out here --surely some in your area--that will ''foster care" you kitty or pup until you can take them back or they can find another home for them.It is as easy as calling the local animal shelter or going online to www.petline.com looking under shelters.

I was shown a place online about a place in Ca--called the Shady Tree where they take in pets of abused women and children and offer many other services for them....just a thought! Its site name is www.TheShadyTreeShelter.com then go under Noahs Animals
Attached Images
File Type: gif
mime_attachment(6).gif (9.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for posting this. I worried myself sick over my two cats when I left AH. I had to board them at a kennel. Fortunately, they received excellent care, but it was expensive. I always had their carriers ready to go in a minute's notice, along with food and a litter box. Thanks again for this very useful information!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just know that there are lots of people all over this country who will foster care your pets....