Suggestions Anyone???????

Old 04-12-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suggestions Anyone???????

This Isnt About My As, Havent Heard From Him In Three Days. My Wifes Aunt Just Recently Discovered Her 29 Yr Old Son Is Doing Cocaine. Hes Always Smoked Pot I Think She Knew She Just Wouldnt Admit It. Her Husband Told Me, And Said She Was Crushed. Hes Diabetic And She Has Always Been Overprotective. Anyway The Problem Is She Doesnt Want Anyone To Know. My Wife Is Her One Of Her Closest Friends And She Didnt Even Tell Her. I Know How She Feels I Too Remember Hiding The Truth. They Know Nothing About Rehab, Or Recovery, Or Enabling Or Codependance. I Know We Couldnt Get Her To Any Meetings But We Would At Least Like To Get Her To This Sight. The Problem Is, Were Not Supposed To Know. Anyone Faced This Before?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've told people who have friends or family members that refuse to go to al-anon or nar-anon that one thing that might be helpful is to talk the talk of recovery--can you explain some critical concepts to her husband that you've found helpful, and encourage him to tell her? You've got that connection with her husband, so maybe you can pass the helpful information along through him?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Does she know that you are in your situation? Seems like if she wanted help and she knew, she would come to you? Just a thought. Blessings, K
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((Laketime)))))

So sorry to hear about your wife's (cousin?)
Sending prayers to her family.
My thoughts are that your wife could confide in her aunt about you all's son, and in turn mention this site. Does your wife post here too?
We'd love to hear from her too.
Hugs,
Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Sharing your own experiences and problems and talking about what you've done for yourself, may open a door for them. Eventually though the secret will be out. Sooner rather than later I suspect. Until then, your example and your experiences may be of help.

B
Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree, may be share your experience with her husband and allow him to carry your message, maybe you can even share the website through him too. keeping all of you in my prayers.