detoxing

Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question detoxing

Hi, does any one know the symptoms of detoxing from alcohol and cocaine. Maybe crack too? My abf hs said he has been sleeping for 3 days, huge headache, can't concetrate. We are not on real talking terms right at the moment, he says he is not doing any drugs. Could he be detoxing? Is that how you would feel?? Thanks for any info you can share!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am not sure about the detoxing.how it works or anything.just letting u know i care. hugs,
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

can he call or visit a doctor? blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He had a doctors appiontment yesterday in the morning and didn't make it. I would hope he called and rebooked. His dr. is very aware of his addiction. She has him off work right now for depression.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If hes been sleeping for 3 days and has a headache probably due to dehydration from the alcohol. If he is detoxing off alcohol best get him to a dr could be dangerous.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with the others about seeing a dr. i take it that you are not living together, so you may not really know whats going on, only what he's telling you, right?

if so then see if he'll go to the doctors.

when i was detoxing off crack, i could sleep off and on for 3-5 days easy, also needed to eat a lot. most crashing addicts i know are usually depressed until they get their next fix, then the cycle continues.

its hard to say with the depression though and the symptoms that he's having. do you think that before he gets too sick that he'll go to the doctors or tell you to call for help. he was able to talk to you, wasn't he? maybe he won't allow himself to get so sick that he can't help himself, but you will never know, addiction is so scary to me.

i think youve done what you could and now maybe you can suggest he go to the doctor but you can't make him go, or can you. even if you could make him go this time, can you always be there for that? have you gone to any meetings yet. i'll keep you and yours in my prayers.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In detox mode, my brother occupied the couch for about 2 1/2 days. Lots of water helped with his headaches some.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for your help. I can call him, to ask if he is going to go to the Dr. It is a little confusing, Isn't it a litttle codie to check up on him to see if he rescheduled his appiontment?? Or is that just caring? Will he mistake that for me still being there for him?? telling him what to do? (he has often said I have to be in control too much) Just confused as to what to do. I have asked him to stay away for another week, becouse I haven't seem any real commitment from him to recover. Like you said teke, i don't live with him right now, so I only know what he tells me. rambling now, sorry, thanks for your replies!