Tradegy in My Daughters Life

Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tradegy in My Daughters Life

My Recovering A Daughter's friend died yesterday. She was 19. She was found in a Hotel Room tucked in nicely under the blankets and dead. The room was clean and apparently someone just got scared and left her there. Kids today are told they will go to jail if the call 911 when a friend is Od'ing... so they run. She was an angel, too. My daughter has been clean for almost a year... May 1st is her Recovery B Day. I am so proud of her. She went to the girl's Grandmothers house- Grandmom raised her (mom is an Addict too) And then my daughter went to an NA meeting with her other friend. The 3 of them went together all the time. It was good she chose a good outlet for her feelings. I was relieved too. At least she was making good choices. And with all the prayers from me she'll continue too!

Just wanted to share... Thanks for listening!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Hug your Daughter, and count your blessings.. Prayers to you, your daughter and her friends family
Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

How sad to hear of such a young person passing this way.
I'm sending prayers for your daughter and for all the friends and family who grieve this tragic loss of life.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

so terribly sad , i wish your daughter well and all the family and friends . i hope she can one day find comfort in the good memorys she has of her friend
Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you shared. This tragedy must be very difficult and frightening for you. My heart breaks for your daughter and this child's grandmom. I'm so glad that your daughter has the support of those who understand...and who will hopefully continue to work on sparing themselves and their loved ones from any further tragedy.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember being 18 and back then the legal drinking age was 18. At the at age death is just something that happens to someone else, somewhere else. It is a horrfying realization. It is a terrible realization at that age. Drugs and alcohol are more than willing to take a persons life.
I hope that somehow as one young girls life ended, it will somehow save many others. The consequences have to be real. The terror that we all feel is that we know it could have been our turn to get that call.
It is chilling. I'm sure this has opened the door to some pretty serious conversations with your daughter. There's a time to talk and a time to internalize. I'm glad she has you to lean on.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers, k
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how sad----for her family-her friends--something like this deeply affects everyone...her passing may not be in vain if it helps her friends stay clean--still I wonder about her parents--how painful...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

my prayers to her family and all that loved her. so sad....so very, very tragic.