Notices

Emotional Sobriety

Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just a fool, swimming in love

Cool Emotional Sobriety

Hi, I'm new to this web site but not new to recovery. Have you read this article by Bill W in The Language of the Heart or The Best of Bill? I usually describe it as "When Bill W wrote about codependency in 1958" just to watch people jerk their heads around. (We're not a glum lot.) I don't sponsor a lot of newcomers, the guys I get are usually 7-15 years sober dealing with depression, divorce, bankruptcy, etc. I also do a spiritual form of therapy called Innerbonding. I posted a poem I wrote for my last Sobriety Birthday in the Story section. Let's talk. Monte
Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi Monte,
Welcome! I don't have a specific comment or reply to your post but wanted to let you know that I'm glad you have found SR!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Talking a bonus

Originally Posted by Sunlight81 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this web site but not new to recovery. Have you read this article by Bill W in The Language of the Heart or The Best of Bill? I usually describe it as "When Bill W wrote about codependency in 1958" just to watch people jerk their heads around. (We're not a glum lot.) I don't sponsor a lot of newcomers, the guys I get are usually 7-15 years sober dealing with depression, divorce, bankruptcy, etc. I also do a spiritual form of therapy called Innerbonding. I posted a poem I wrote for my last Sobriety Birthday in the Story section. Let's talk. Monte
g/day sunlight,
I'm interested to know about "innerbonding" therapy. just last night i was given some really old books, a few titles are "prodigal shepard" by father ralph pfau and al hirshberg, "sobriety and beyond" and "sobriety without end", "dr bob and the good old timers". inside one of the books, there was an old christmas card with photos of bill w,dr silkwood,dr bob. dr bob had signed the back of his photo. it was a special find.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's nice to meet you, sunlight. i hope you find the knowledge and encouragement you're looking for here. blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Monte,

Welcome!

This is a great place for support and information, so I hope you keep posting.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just a fool, swimming in love

Cool

Originally Posted by citychick View Post
g/day sunlight,
I'm interested to know about "innerbonding" therapy. just last night i was given some really old books, a few titles are "prodigal shepard" by father ralph pfau and al hirshberg, "sobriety and beyond" and "sobriety without end", "dr bob and the good old timers". inside one of the books, there was an old christmas card with photos of bill w,dr silkwood,dr bob. dr bob had signed the back of his photo. it was a special find.
Hi, you can go to innerbonding.com and download the free course. Can you scan those photos? How did they make it NSW? I love the titles of those books, especially "prodigal shepherd."
Love, peace and healing, Monte
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound someone I'd enjoy talking too........SOME OF US ARE SICKER THAN OTHERS. That doesnt mean I'm in the ditch--------not far from it --but always searching..........I need help ---but do you have to give up on me..............AND LIFE GOES ON