Notices

Should I stay or should I go.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Should I stay or should I go.

Well I found this site today...I have fought this battle on and off for 35 years..I'm sick of my drinking friends and dont wont to whine to my non-drinking friends...This site is really encouraging...I'm tired of running --different places different people same ole story..Usually when I go "on the wagon" I'm positive ...this time I'm really tired...So the question is "should I go ahead and drink today and try again tomorrow..or do I dare try to make it today with my old and only friend at this point.....I hate being this negative--I know happiness is right around the corner..But can I stay out of the ditch..long enough to get around the damn corner.....Thx for letting me share--I'm trying to stay in the road.... AND LIFE GOES ON....
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wezzy,

In my opinion, you should not put off stopping drinking. Stop now and don't wait until tomorrow. Ultimately, stopping drinking is something you have to do for yourself and your friends and family may or may not be supportive. If they are supportive, that's great, and if not, you can do it anyways.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i said hi/welcome to you on a different post, and i'm glad you started your own thread!

you going to aa/any other support group or counseling, wezzy?

blessings, k
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive been in and out of AA numerous times..Ive been a drug and alcohol counselor--been in counseling---Loved working with people--Once again I'm on bottom...results from bad choices --drinking or not....I already feel I'm a loser--i dont want any-self-righteous individual stomp me futher down--i'm real good at it---dont need any help....For whatever the reasons here I am again.......I'm going minute by minute-------Thank you so much for your kind words--bought me some more time.......Have a great day.......
Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

well, keep posting - we're listening. k
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wezzy, keep trying, keep posting.......don't drink today.......you can worry about tomorrow tomorrow.......
Old 04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thx, Ayla, I just read a quote: WHEN GOD PERMITS HIS CHILDREN TO GO THROUGH THE FURNACE ExPERENCES OF OUR LIVES, HE KEEPS HIS EYE ON THE CLOCK---AND HIS HAND ON THE THERMOSTAT...I've used every quote in the world that was a new one...Still hanging on
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi wezzy ..glad you are here. I say stop ASAP. Meaning now. Tomorrow is tomorrow. And procrastinating turns into more procrastinating. Dont make that a habit as well. Keep postin.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
10.gif (19.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wezzy
I've been here not even a week, and the amazing support here convinced me that today, any day, is a good day to stop drinking....but the good thing about this place is that anyone, anytime, is always welcome, no matter what.

I really appreciated that thermostat quote by the way, thanks.

peace
D
Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The battle is still going on--but I'm still standing-------Thx to you all..
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
believer

i'll give you my opinion:
I was waiting for a rock bottom moment to get me sober and i was completely devastated all the time.Every time i failed i thought i should sink deeper so i would get serious about recovery. It got worse and worse and it became a matter of life or death.Even then i couldn't quite get out of it. What i found out about the moment to stop is that the only moment that is right is: NOW

Sobriety will always be right. (in my case,i knew i wouldn't live a month more if i kept living like that, and that was six days ago)

i wish you say now is the time- soon...
Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thats very powerful Kari and you are soooooooo right....I still havent taken a drink today---and I'm Ok with that....We usually can find the answer if we continue to search......Sometimes we just have to not take the damn drink--------and get over it.......That last statment was for me......Thx all
Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Today is the best day for a sobriety birthday.......good luck.

Cathy
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My worst time of day is between 11am and 5pm---It is now 5:13---Because of this site in a few hours I'll be thanking God for keeping me sober today.......HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU HERE
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

That is GREAT.... Thank you also, you helped me stay sober another day too!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Weezy, good going... glad you are here... I remeber my first couple of days one minute, one hour , one day at a time....some one told me cravings only last between 5 and 7 minutes.... I would start by getting a drink of water... going to the bathroom or even tkaing a shower, what ever it took.... I do find over all it helps if i always have a beverage near by.

Stay strong and keep reading...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, normally by this time of day if I havnt had a drink--I dont want one. But my son decided 3 weeks ago to live with his dad.. He has been with me 14 years--Its getting about the time he always come home and here I go with this sinking feeling. Oh my God I just want to make it today........
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can imagine how difficult it is for you Wezzy, to see your son go and live with his Dad. Dealing with teenagers is always hard, no matter what, and you just need to hang on and believe that things will work out. He will come back to you and it's good for him to be with his Dad.

Congratulations on not drinking today!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Weezy -

In my area there are 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 and 8:00 AA meetings. It may be a great way for you to fill some time and meet some really interesting and sober people as well.

I'm not trying to shove AA down you throat, but it sounds like some face-to-face support might do you good. You will find that there are people just like you there that can be there for you. You don't have to share or even say anything, just go and listen At a minimum, it will be an hour out of the day when you won't think about a drink!

My thoughts are with you.

TinLizzy
Old 04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Tinlizzy and yes AA would be good--however I'd have to pass a liquor store to get there..Vodka is my chosen drink..Anyway I've got my second wind--think I'll make it.. just being able to share on this site has been a great help...........Tx again