why haven't I cried yet?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

why haven't I cried yet?

My AH is now in impatient rehab. They say he will probably be there for 30 days. He used the day before he went....So, when we took him, he was a moody, irritable, nasty man. Maybe that is why I didn't cry- I have talked to him a few times since he has been there and he has cried, but i haven't. I keep waiting for it to come, like it is going to sneak up on me at the most horrible time. I find it strange becasue I am a very emotional person but I just feel numb.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have probably numbed yourself from being hurt in the past.. i'm afraid you've come down with.. Alagator skin! eeek!
Your a tough cookie.. that should be something to commend your self for! You might have a bunch of thougth's right now and one night you will feel something wet on your cheek.. Look up Dear, there might be a hole in your roof!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think that maybe you just don't feel the need to cry, you sound strong. i know that you probably do have a lot of emotional pain, but maybe you are just relieved to know that he is getting help. his crying is probably because he is now seeing how his life has been effected by his choices, thats a painful process, on the other hand maybe you've seen it all along and maybe kind of cried out. try to keep the focus on you, allow his to go through what he has to for himself. keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went through that. Part of it is numbness. In part maybe your relieved he is in treatment.

Sometimes I was afraid to feel and couldnt cry, sometimes when I thought I should be sad instead I was relieved. Other times it your body's survival techniques kicking in.

Know that no matter what Itll be okay. You'll be okay
Old 04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm glad to hear your ah is in treatment. i have times when i cry a lot, and then i have times when i don't at all. no rhyme or reason really. it's ok. just own your feelings and appreciate them. it's all part of healing. blessings, k
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When my Ah first left for rehab I felt anger. Angry for everything he had put me through. That anger soon turned to relief. Relief that he was finally coming to terms with his addiction. And it was a relief not having to look at him every day, knowing in my heart that something wasn't right with him, suspecting he may be taking something but all the while he denying it and with no proof other than my gut feeling to go on. I was glad he was gone. I was tired of living that way. Later I cried. Once I did, it felt good. So many emotions......I guess everyone deals with them differently.