More than bunnies...

Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

More than bunnies...

Happy Easter.

I sat today and gave some thought and I want to share it with you no matter what your religious beliefs are.

I go to part of Luke : 24 , because of Easter and a message that we can all use.

1 But at daybreak on the first day of the week they took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
They found the stone rolled away from the tomb;
but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
While they were puzzling over this, behold, two men in dazzling garments appeared to them.
They were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground. They said to them, "Why do you seek the living one among the dead?

Now there it is: "Why do you seek the living one among the dead?

For those of us who look for love and companionship in bars,
"Why do you seek the living one among the dead?

For those who look for fulfillment in a job we can’t stand,

For those of us that keep waiting and wanting for others to change,

This applies to so much out of life and our journey to seek a better place in it.
Our journey to find life again.

So please , when you are sitting wondering why you are still in that place of which you hate, please remember these simple words.

Have a great day.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you. I needed that post.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

amen
Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Wow Mr C!!!!!

Great Post for any tiime, but especially today!

Thank You.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Just the last line speaks volumes, you are right. Why?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks again.

Mr. Christian,
This is the second time you've told me exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. I'm not especially religious, but the sentiment is so very true. My son is in court-mandated rehab since Friday and I'm glad he's there, but I plan to work on myself rather than spending my time waiting to see if he will be sober after he leaves there. It's funny how we feel so compelled to come to this site on this day. I hope we can all find a little place of peace inside today.
Earthstar
Old 04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you are my HERO MR C----this is you at your best I have to admit!!!this is one I will ponder on myself for a while--this is the truth
Old 04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

Thanks, Mr. C.
We had a guest speaker at our church last week and he posed two questions, "What do you seek? and What sustains you?"

I've pondered those questions all week and the answers are for sure not among the dead!

Happy Easter All!
Cheryl
Old 04-08-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks Mr. C !
Inspirational!!! It also explains why we come here to SR...to seek a better life.
Happy Easter!
cmc
Old 04-08-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

thnaks Mr C and cmc
Old 04-08-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Beautifully said and so appropriate for today. Thanks for that one, Mr. C - I downloaded it because it's a keeper!
Old 04-08-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tell me Mr C as I value your opinion--if you have been following my posts you know I am currently dealing with childhood issue(serious ones) what do you think of 'going back' and healing open wounds...I am so afraid--it sucks me dry--I know it has to be dealt with to move forward--I go once a week to the psych for it(just started)--It just tears me up going back--I am trying hard. My psych is even talking about bringing me inside my old elementary school at some point to face the demon--what are your thoughts???
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Hello Sunflower,

Old wounds, well you know I had to think about this awhile.
You see I’ve learn that the past , which we can not change, is just that.
Yes it did happen, will we use it to avoid things in the future, or will we use to stop us from moving on?

These past monsters will only stay around and get bigger if you feed them.
Like any animal , the more it eats the bigger it gets.

My problem was I hung on to the pain. I kept going back to it. As I did this I prevented myself from moving forward.

These items in life did happen, they are real, but they are the past.
I myself see no point in going back to a old school of any other place for that matter.
I mean you already know what had happened and how you feel.

It would make a great Oprah moment if the cameras were rolling but we don’t need the ratings.

I know there is some great readings in Alanon that can give you some prospective.
Daily readers are pretty good.

The here and now is very important Sunflower. One day at a time, step by step we move forward.
Some move faster then others. Some get a slow start.
Others, sit on a bench, the world keeps moving. It goes by them at an alarming rate.
And if they are still there when night falls, the world moves slower and there is less of a chance for contact.

The sun is out flower, its time to get off the bench.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ICU

Sometimes, some of us have to go back, as unpleasant as it might be.

I know I did. I had to learn why I made unhealthy choices for myself...I had to learn where that came from....I had to learn why I valued myself so little that I stayed in an abusive relationship for awhile. I took the journey back and I found so many answers. Now I'm learning to re-write my life's script from this day forward (or at least as much as I have control over).

I think it may be different for each of us, but if I trusted the counsler I was going to and they had suggested 'going back'...I would respect her professional guidance. If at any time I felt things were too painful, or going too quickly, I would clearly state that I am afraid and ask that we slow things down to a more comfortable, tolerable rate.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi,although i wasnt asked,id like to share my own experience if i may....smile.
I was picked up when i was 11 years old by a stranger in a car......No need to go into details,im sure.What held me back was my anger,resentments,and how could an adult do this.I went over and over this,and it held me back for many years.truth,is that it was when i came into AA/Al-anon and came to my 4th step,that this situation was brought up again to me.I went through the pain,and i was not relased from the pain,until i prayed to God,to help me to forgive this man.Over and over i prayed for this.And today im Graced with forgiving him,and im free from the hurts,and all that "stuff" that was holding me back.Forgiving the unforgivable,yes .It cost me way to much to hold unto it,for as many years as i have.What happened to me,is now in God,s Hands,i will never own it again.My prayers for your healing,God Bless,
Old 04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

The original story is about the women who went to the tomb...if they had not gone that one time, they would not have discovered that the tomb was empty, nor would they have seen or heard the angels' words:
still have the same meaning...that we can't seek life in a place of death. I love that story.

I did go back to my childhood city in another state-on a counselor's advice. I do not continue to go there- it's like going to that tomb- once was enough.

Like Grasshopper shared about the 4th step- we don't have to go to a place or speak with someone to become free of what holds us back from our best life.

What I learned and received when I went home was a gift that helps me, to this day, to live in the present. When I went and let go of the disfunction in my memory- I let go of a heavy weight and became more free than I ever expected to be.