sick and alone

Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sick and alone

I can't take much more of this, my brother the addict in my life , is driving me ceazy, ok maybe it's not him,but the thing's he does, to our parent's, and then there is me just stuck in the middel, he has been out of our father's house for over a month and stopped by to see Dad last week and got his hand's on his walet and did it again overdrew dad's account, dad wont press charge's, then he call's our Mom and said he is at the hospital from a bug bite on his arm that he got while in rehab, I am not dumb he has an infection from shotting.........as of yesterday it had been about a week since anyone had heard from him, I thought he was dead somewhere just waiting for that call....Nope he's not ,he call's filling mom's head with lie's, but our Mother work's the program so she know beter..I don't want to feel anything for him anymore, I don't want to see him hear his voice, I know that sound's so bad,I am sorry but right now I realy hate this thing that he is...I know I can't control,or cure him..I just want him to go away, his 10 year old son has'nt seen or heard from him since the holiday's and now he is moving to N.C with his Mom's parent's, so we lose him to.. I am sorry that this is all over the place, my mind is all over the place right now, and I have not a soul to talk to about this, parent's have enough to deal with, but man I am alway's in the midel...God Bless
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Angel....
It is so hard to be around anyone who is in active addiction. They make you feel like they are spinning your life out of control as if they have control over your puppet strings. I know your Dad has the best of intentions but usually our best intentions that we instinctually want to provide our loved ones are not really a good idea in the case of an active addict.
I'm sorry you feel like you are caught in the middle of this drama. Find ways to pull yourself out from the middle. Step away when you used to step forward.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel like he suck's the life right out of us all of us..I have this day and I have my childern, and they can make me feel better with just one hug....thank you......
Old 04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Oh the insanity of it all when it's right in your own back yard. But, move that insanity away and our life gets better.
I find that since my son is out of the house, I can deal with life a whole lot better, I don't worry as much, and I have more peace.
Your dad must take responsibility for his own self. If he won't press charges, then he is enabling. The other side is it is almost impossible for a parent to press charges against their own child.
Go do something special for yourself and get your mind off this for just a little while. Clear your head, calm down. You will be able to think better.
Peace to you.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was trying to do what I love with my childern watch our baseball home opener and low and behold it's on a snow delay...lol just my luck......Thank you for your words of wisdom and kindness
Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

angel, you are with us so u are not alone. i guess the family & you too have or just about hit your bottom.that is a good thing.i am glad your mom is in a program. prayers for all of u.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry that you are going through all of this, it is so hard when we have to watch our love ones fall into addiction and knowing that there is nothing that we can do to stop or help them. maybe its time for you to take a step back and try to detach yourself from the chaos. your parents may have to get so sick of it all before they are ready to back away and take care of themselves and there is nothing that you can do about that either. have you gone to any alanon or naranon meetings yet. i pray that he finds his way soon.