Notices

still here and sober

Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

still here and sober

well i have 9 days sober now and feeling really great. i havent been on here much due to me disconecting my internet at home. but im able to check my mail and post a little bit here at work. i have had a few ruff days these past 9 sober days but i have stuck with it! like yesterday... my car was making a loud noise so i took it in the shop to find out my time'n belt and water pump were about to give out. turns out thats a expencive repair. 750 bucks! but you know what. befor i would get depressed and drink or do drugs if i had found out i had to spend so much money on my car. but this time i didnt think about that at all. in fact i was kinda happy for some reason. maybe because i know with me spending this money to fix my car there leaves no money for drugs or booze. and thats ok with me. sounds wierd i know but maybe im finally gonna grab this thing by the horns. although no one likes to spend a sudden 750 bucks on anything but some how i know everything will be ok. because im sober now and i know life wont go as easy as i would hope. but this little bump in the road has opened my eyes and relize no i dont have to drink anymore. life happens and it wont be all peachs and cream. sometimes sh!t happens. doesnt mean i have to turn to sh!t myself. just wanted to pop in and say hi. and im doing great!.....jason
Old 04-06-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jason,

Yes, life does throw curve balls, but you know what??? We do not have to complicate it further by using....

Be proud of you Jason, you did not use.....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Thats great! So glad to hear you are doing well Jason!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrads jason keep on hangin in there my friend. when i first got clean i used to get paid and give all my money to my mom. so i didnt buy drugs with it. and i only allowed myself five bucks a day. now i am way better i get paid and am able to buy things i like. or pay my bills... like last weekend i suddenly decided to get my hair permed at the last minute. it sure was nice cause i have a extra fifty bucks for things i want....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jason..so glad you're still here. I'm almost 4 months sober...and from my vantage, growing up is really kinda cool. I'm learning how to be an adult rather than a petulant child running to booze everytime life doesn't go my way. Life is indeed a roller coaster and it all about learning how to enjoy (or often just endure) the ride.
Good work..and keep on keepin on.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad to hear your doing well. Just think if you did spend that money not so wisely you wouldnt be able to fix your car and you'd be walking.
Your doing great and You can do it. Take care.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
greatjob1.gif (32.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Girl Interupted

Very proud of ya'!
Keep on keepin' on!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for checking in, Jason. We care about you.

Rowan