Notices

Drank again

Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Drank again

Drank again. Wasn't fun. Went overboard (again). Blacked out. Luckily nothing too bad happened, but still reiterates why I DONT want to drink. Ugh. It really is difficult not to...
Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up hello

i to am having a rough time trying to stop drinking its a dam nightmare to be honest all we can do is keep trying and hopfully something will just click and then we will be on our way to a normal life again best of luck keep posting even if you have had a slip i always do feel like a let down but they are nice people in here and they understand well cya
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It certainly isn't easy. I am back to day 5 myself but feeling stronger than ever (strangely lol). Just start again but this time add something different, I just started rehab for example but it could be anything, relaxation techniques, yoga etc.

Good luck and keep strong!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
soberinnyc

Keep coming back!

You have nothing to be ashamed of. Early relapses are very common. Just keep coming and get your hand up in meetings.

It's only today I don't drink. It's that simple.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wiscgirl,

I'm glad you're back.

Use what you learned from this experience to plan ahead so that you can avoid the same thing happening again.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome back and good to see you again wiscgirl!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Thank you all.... I appreciate your kind words and not making me feel more guilty than I already do....
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The resilience of the alcoholic in this battle is absolutely amazing. The bottle will kick our arse time and time again. We're down for the count but we get back up and go another round. It's almost a testament to the human spirit...we keep on fighting. Eventually, we don't want to get back up. We admit defeat and that we need a hand to get up. We know that everything we've tried to quit doesn't work. We let someone help us...cuz if we keep trying to win this battle alone..we will die. That's where the magic starts to happen.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It has been my experience, recovery, (for me AA) is a simple program for complicated people.

I can complicated anything. I'm MUCH better off when I don't.

If I could have quit, AND BEEN HAPPY all on my own, I would have done so, decades ago.

I needed to have an open mind (which I THOUGHT I had, NOT!) and take direction from those who preceeded me.

It's simple. But not always easy...(when I do it MY WAY!)

That's how I got here, doing it my way........
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((wiscgirl)))--I'm glad you're back. I know you can do this.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't give up. You can do this!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by wiscgirl30 View Post
Drank again. Wasn't fun. Went overboard (again). Blacked out. Luckily nothing too bad happened, but still reiterates why I DONT want to drink. Ugh. It really is difficult not to...
Remember this wiscgirl... remember why... remember the don't part most of all .
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts before we found
solid recovery...
Do you have a plan for your new sobriety?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Girl. It's okay to fall down. Just get back up and try again. By posting here, you want to try. It's okay to stumble, just get back up again and day 1 comes again. We are still here for ya. The moms too if you feel like catchin up on us.

Keep smilin and hang in there.

Your fellow midwesterner!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I guess maybe it is time to share this ONE MORE TIME.

Wiscgirl, Stone, and recovery4me, please do not do what I did.

I took this to the max. I lived the last year and a half of my 24 years of practicing my alcoholism on the streets of Hollyweird.

I took it as far as a person could take it. Knew finally I was a gonner. Felt like every time I took a drink of booze in it was coming out of every pore of my body as fast as I took it in. I finally knew that if I continued to drink I would die and that if I quit I would die.

On June 7th I put the plug in the jug, I didn't want to die drunk. On the morning of June 8th, I somehow made my way to Olive View Hospital in Van Nuys CA where i proceeded to go into seizures with a BAC of .38. My body was craving MORE alcohol. I seizured all day and my heart stopped several times. The last time it stopped I was down for 28 minutes and the ER Dr was writing my Time of Death on my chart, when my heart started on it's own.

So, I took this disease as far as you can take it. I died. Later when I was running to AA meetings to feel Safe, I heard that there were 3 UPs for an alkie:

Locked Up,

Covered Up, or

Sobered Up.

I had been locked up and was about to be covered up. Today for many years now I have been sobered up.

The choice is yours my friends............................which one will it be for you.

I tell you what happened to me, not to scare you, but to let you know, without a doubt where you are headed.

Again, the choice is yours................................

Which door will it be???

Love and hugs,
Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"Hey Girl. It's okay to fall down...."

"Just get back up and try again...."

"It's okay to stumble........"

You know, it's NOT OK TO FALL DOWN

IT'S NOT OK TO "TRY" & STUMBLE.....

This disease is DEADLY.

It was shared with me early in sobriety, TRY is just a way to set yourself up for failure.

Ever had a friend say they would TRY to make it to your party?

Did they ever make it? ALMOST ALWAYS NOT!

Burying people from this disease sucks.

There is an answer, but sorry, "trying" is NOT IT!

This disease is harsh, so is my response........
Old 04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wisc, there is a lot of good advice here, I too had a lot of days ones, but since I was never serious about quiting I never called them that.. You know this week I am not going to drink, not going to drink till Friday opp forgot about the benefit on Tuesday and on and on and on... the finally being a semi control freak it dawned on me one day, me who can control a class of 30 unruly criminal type students while paying my bills and writing a grad paper was being controlled by a blue bottle of vodka... at that point I took back over... and am more than 3/4 of the way into my first year.

Trust me isn't as easy as I made it sound. I have a lot of internal struggles which so far have won... i just remind myself I am the one that has to pick up the first drink... the second 3rd, 4th 5th....nth will be picked up for me.... I am not giving up control....