Not so helpless!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not so helpless!

He texted to say he was OK. Won't answer his phone though. I will really try to stop obsessing about what he is going to do about this mess. i am going to the bank today to see about moving money and line of credit over to my own account. I owe my kids and myself sanity. I just wish it wasn't so hard not to worry about him. I know it has to his own actions. I just can't imagine being where he is. Isn't he scared, lonely. I guess if he can make these choices that diredctly affect and hurt us then I should really try not to worry about him. He is an adult. He has choices. so do I. I am going to have a cup of coffee, a bubble bath and maybe attempt to go to work after all. Thank you all for the support. You all make me feel better!!! (for now)
Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats exactly what you should do. Im proud of you.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm proud of you too. try not to wait too long to take care of your bank busness, better sooner than later. keep the focus on you. you don't have to go down with him, for now maybe you could began to seperate yourself emotionally along with financially. take care of you and allow him the time he needs to find his own bottom. keeping both you guys in my prayers. hope he finds his way soon.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's funny how guilty we can feel for not worrying about our addicted love ones. To some degree the worry can be natural- but I KNOW that obsessive anxiety and panic that can take over when one does not answer the phone. Cell phones have made communication available 24/7 which I think has only increased our propsensity for obsessing and worrying. I, too, am currently trying to pull the brakes on my worrying- not just allowing it consume me, and realizing that it COULD be possible to do things for myself first and have my own priorities.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i am on my way to the bank right now. I already called ahead and explained it all so I don't have to have a break down at the bank. My a called to say he has decided to do it on his own. Yea right. He asked if he should come home, i said no I am sorry but I need to be away from him for now to get my head on straight he said he understood and would go stay at a hotel for a month. If I trusted my gut, i would think he was high while he was talking o me. He sounded very confident and maybe a little indifferent. He usually is apologetic when he is coming down from a high. but so much during this conversation. just kept saying he was going to prove it to me. time will tell... thanks for your suport it makes me strong.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am not too sure what kind of program he is thinking of using. I decided not to ask. I heard he has talked to a close friend of ours today and was very upset about not being allowed home. He told them her was going to do everything he could to prove he was getting clean and staying. She bought it hook line and sinker. I want to...but...I've heard it all before. Just like everyone else in this forum.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

glad to see you taking care of you.that is all we can do, other than prays & u have mine. hugs,hope
Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you, KJ21!! YOu sounds really strong, even though sometimes you probably dont' feel it.
I know the laws are different there, but how are you legally keeping him out of the house? Is it just in your name and no community property law there?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He just agreed to stay out of the house. This all started be me changing the locks two weeks ago. I told him that every time he lied to me about coming home the door would lock for the night and the phoneswould be turned off so he could not contact me to open it. He slept in the motorhome 7 out of 9 nights. So when he didn't go to detox like he promised I just said you cannot stay here anymore. He didn't fight it. Lucky for me.