Loves Big Adventure Part1

Old 04-04-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Talking Loves Big Adventure Part1

Hey all!! Miss me?? No?? Well, I've missed you!! I'm updating you in pieces because this will be way too long to do on one post.

I left Texas a nervous wreck. Having to say good bye to Noah and Roxy was hard. Was that a tear I saw in Noah's eye?? heehee

Buuut, there I was on the road headed to Mississippi. Yep......goin to see Lilpony. I was so excited. I had one hand on the wheel and the other hanging out the window holding my digital camera snapping pictures of stuff I've never seen before. After looking at the pictures I made a mental note to stop on the side of the road next time I wanted to take a scenery picture. I can't quite remember what it was I was so fasinated with because they're all a blur.

I had to stop in Louisiana to get gas and somehow ended up getting back on the interstate going the wrong way. Luckily it wasn't too long before I could exit off and turn around to get back in the right direction. How confusing it can be........ya know......east and west......when you have no idea where you're at. I made a mental note to have Noah get me one of those directional thingamagigies so that never happens again.

Well......after about 6 hours of following Noah's precise directions (good job honey) I realized I was close to Lil's, but had no service on my Nextel phone to call her. Soooooo.........I pulled over in the first gas station I had seen in about 100 miles to use the phone. Wouldn't you know it!! The pay phone had been ripped out of the phone booth!! By now it was dark, I was lost and my cell phone was worthless at that point. Luckily the lady in the store let me use her cell phone and I was able to get a hold of Lil. Heck....I was only down the road from her. I made another mental note to change cell phone providers because Nextel isn't worth a flip when you're in the middle of B.F. Nowhere.

I FINALLY made it to Lil's and OMG you guys!! She's totally georgous!! Don't pay her any mind when she starts pokin on herself because she's full of you know what. Her kids are awesome and I felt comfortable right away. I didn't get any pictures, but I will because I'll be going back to see her on my way back to Texas. We were up late yapping. It was like a pajama party. The next day we did breakfast, the mall and she showed me around and her new house is FABULOUS!! I almost cried when I left. She's just as fun in person as she is on here and I can't wait to go back.

As I was heading off to Florida my mother called me to let me know how proud she was of me, to which I replied "hold that thought. I haven't made it there yet.

When I got to the part of Mississippi I should have recognized I realized I didn't recognize anything at all. I had made the trip to Mississippi a million times with my exabf!! Funny how you really don't pay attention to where you're at when you're not the one in the driver's seat.

Well, I made it to Okeechobee, but not without keeping Noah on the phone with a google map pulled up on his puter because I just knew I missed the exit that would take me to the turnpike and was freaking out. Of all places to feel lost.........your home state!! OH!! and I ran a toll booth!!! by accident of course, but when I got to the last toll and the lady asked for my ticket..........."what ticket??" OOPSIE........Can I pull out the dumb blonde card in stead of a ticket?? Well.......I paid for the toll I missed and I have to hold on to my reciept because I'm now famous as my truck was photographed running the infamous toll booth. I just hope they got my good side. I don't want some picture of me posted up with some goofy look on my face. You know the one where you're in complete shock that you just ran a toll!!

It took 12 hours to get from Lil's to Okeechobee. The total drive was about 18 hours which I can't understand. The states look so small and close together on the map!! Somehow I think I've been duped.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you made it. Are you still In Florida now, or back in Texas?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow loves seems like an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANd I for one am thrilled your back OH how I have missed your fun and upbeat posts.................
and sadly today I really needed something upbeat and here you are!!!
With eveything going on and how yuck I feel today I actually can laught out loud reading your posts!!!!
You really should think about writing a book one day because you have a flair for the dramatic and it comes thru loud and clear in your words
Welcome Back............and I'll stay tuned for the rest of your adventure
Old 04-04-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

flair for the dramatic? hummmm that sounded negative to me when I reread it................what I mean is you have a way with words........you can pull a person into your story>>>>>>not that your a drama queen which is how it sounded after I read it.........oops
Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I just gotta say reading what you wrote i felt like I right alongside of you. Are you back in texas yet??

Jewel
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Thanks for the update, Loves!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((loves))))

I knew I missed you for a reason, sweetie.
I've never laughed, out loud, for so long, and by myself before in my life.
I love your story and can't wait for the next installment.
You've been missed for too long, and I love you.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sadly........I'm still in Florida. We just had my daughter's baby shower Monday.........but that's another story. I'll be leaving Florida (hopefully without a hitch) on Saturday morning.......early. I can't wait to get home to Noah and Roxy. I forgot how much drama there is down here. Well.....I'm sneeking on here while I'm supposed to be working. I could pretend I'm independently wealthy and really don't need the money........but Noah is a mess and wants me home. Poor guy. He's been a nervous wreck.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear that you made it safely, waiting for more, thanks for the update and yes, i missed you too.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

OMG I have missed you!! Glad you gave us an update. I totally understand the 'blonde ticket' thing...my sense of direction is just nonexistent!

Did you know they make 'those directional thingamagigies', aka GPS, that actually TALK to you and tell you which way to go? My son has one. I took it on a trip to Florida from Tennessee last year. Works great unless you're blonde like me and take the wrong turn anyway. Then I swear it starts quacking at you about it! Saying "recalculating...recalculating...." LOL!!

Stay safe!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Well Well, thanks for the UpDate!
I am sure Noah is concerned because he knows you are a Wanted Woman with a Big Truck who Runs Toll Booths! With a rap like that he just wants you to make it home w/o a night in the pokey!

Glad to hear you are doing well.
As to East and West.. well, eventually you will come to an ocean and have to stop. North and south are different... you will come to an ocean too but its a LOT farther. In one direction you may hook up with Juan Valdez and a coffee plantation and the other direction you might end up with a Polar Bear (if Ann or someone up there doesn't stop ya!).
Old 04-04-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've really missed you guys. Lil wants me to stay a few days when I drive back. Noah and I are discussing it. heehee I have so much more to tell, but will have to wait till I can get away with it. I haven't worked in a while and seem to have forgotten.........you get paid to work, not play........but what they don't know won't hurt me.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Glad to FINALLY hear from you. You sound like you're doing great.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

OMG...........There was just a major something that is going on outside of the office. There were 6 cop cars.......a stopped car....a runner......guns drawn.......holy crap!! I wanna go home!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

LOVES!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS U! Love the story I cant wait til part II!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Missed You Toooooo!!!!!!!!! Shhhhhh.........typing This On The Down Low. Lol
Old 04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

It is time for you to High Tail it back to Texas with a stop at L'il's on the way! Cop Cars? Guns Drawn?

They aren't taping too by chance are they? If they are quck run out and shout "in here! In here!"
You will get on TV for sure.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well maybe they are finally cracking down on toll booth RUNNERS! OMG wouldnt that be your luck.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

MY 10 seconds of fame were up after I ran through the toll. I'm so non-important.......they didn't even send a cop after me!! If everyone like me ran that $3.50 toll........do you know how much money that is??? heehee

I thought about running out there so I could be seen on TV........but then I saw the guns. Lets just say I know my luck and chose not to push it.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesgirl View Post
Loves,
You are probably going to get a ticket in the mail in a few months - and it won't be $3.50. There will be a little fine attached. But I am glad you are staying away from the guns!

I saved my reciept. LOL At the last toll I paid for the one I ran. I hope this trip doesn't cost me any more than I've already spent. I'll have to rob a bank.
Juuuuuuuuuust kidding!!