Want Ad

Old 04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want Ad

I saw this on friends and family of alcoholics and I thought it was kinda funny yet true. What would our addicts put in a want ad......

Male seeking female who is willing to give me all her money and not question what I did with it. Be willing not to notice that it takes me 5 hours to get a pack of smokes from a store across the street. Be accepting of my open door policy which means after 5 days of missing in action open the door. Must be willing to let go of all your valuable posessions. Must like cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, working 3 jobs to support me, take care of all activities with kids including raising them mostly alone. Must enjoy late night drives (looking for me), being broke, fighting, and taking responsibilities for ALL my actions as I will do nothing wrong. All interested women please call 1-800-sol-mate! Call now as I'm sure I wont be available for long I'm a real catch!!!!

Ok now its your turn...........
Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's funny that you post this...my husband actually has made jokes like this before when he sees those Match.com ads on television..."I wonder if I honestly posted an ad if they'd find someone for me..."

The ad begs the question, however, that keeps coming back to me...WHAT am I doing with this guy? He drives me crazy, drains my money and energy, leaves me to handle all the "grown up" work of our lives alone, doesn't work, can't get it up, doesn't support me, is too self-involved to listen to my problems--what am I doing?

There must be something that we're getting out of these relationships. I think many of us grew up in situations where we dealt with a lot of chaos, a lot of manipulation, a lot of deceit. Many of us are very comfortable in uncomfortable situations, and we're seeking to recreate them in our adult lives. I have gone from a relationship with an alcoholic, who I left because of his drinking, straight into a relationship with a heroin addict. It's like I relapsed--and I relapsed like a true addict, doing it much harder the second time around.

What's my deal??? What's all our deals?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I have been asking the same thing. My X is gone and we are done.. but geeze loueeze with 6.6 BILLION people on this planet it would seem there would be a lot of replacement material out there that would not be a guy like this ad advertises.

I know I won't EVER AGAIN go down this path.

You know... the path where if "he" doesn't Email you or fone you in the morning by afternoon you are sure it is over? NEVER again...

BTW I saw and ad the other day:

FREE!!!
Cute Male orange Kitten. All shots and litter trained.
OR
Husband who hates cats. Not bad looking. Employed.

He says either that cat goes or he goes.

You choose which one. FREE!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You just reminded me of the wind chimes that have cheap beer cans hanging on them in a triangle that says "family tree" or "hillbilly wind chime" I can say hillbilly cause I am one lol.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I miss loves........ I am trying to take over while shes gone shes much more wittier than me. Anvil u crack me up.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG Anvil you make me LAFF!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For sale: Kaos, runs on alcohol, excellent knife edge and
evasive manuvering.

a kaos is a r/c model aircraft use for parttern type aerobics
flying...oki doki.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The ad begs the question, however, that keeps coming back to me...WHAT am I doing with this guy? He drives me crazy, drains my money and energy, leaves me to handle all the "grown up" work of our lives alone, doesn't work, can't get it up, doesn't support me, is too self-involved to listen to my problems--what am I doing?

Ive told myself my picker is broken. Its radar and it picks up the most likely canidate to recreate all that uncomfortable stuff that is familiar.

The thing is that..I really get no pay-off ..like today..I started in on myself..

(talking to self) Loook at you..you have to pay all the bills, take care of everything in order to have a man in your life. ITS A LIE... The truth is..
I can recover from believing I am not good enough to be treated fairly. And I am doing the best I can with where I am at today.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I thought that too.. my picker is broken. Well, it was but I have fixed it.

How?

THEY do the picking, not me. I have decided to let them choose me and lest see what happens.. At my age no one may. That is why I am going to get a good dog and (maybe next year?) a good horse.

I have this dream and I am going after it. I am not going to compromise it. "He" may choose me and come along for my dream...
...or not.

BTW I would choose the kitten....
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What's my deal??? What's all our deals?
All I can say in my case is that I thought I could fix 'em. And then have my hot bad boy BF all clean to boot.

Just my 2 ยข