Does anyone else ever feel this?

Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Does anyone else ever feel this?

I feel like a posting maniac today, but seem to be all over the place.

Does anyone get a feeling of anxiety- nervousness, heart beating fast etc. when they see that their addicted love one is calling them? I am trying to modify my reactions by breathing and trying to focus on me, but it is difficult when I feel as though one convo and I'll backslide into feeling horrible.

Any suggestions on how to cope?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

yeah, i've felt that before, and will maybe feel that way again. at that time, i have to make a decision to do what i need to do for me and for me, most of the time, that meant no contact. that was just for me, i think that you'll have to find what will work for you. i found that if i didn't listen to the junk, then i wouldn't fall for the junk, so i decided to talk to him only when i was strong enough to talk and stick to my boundaries without being effected by whatever he did or said.

i think that you have to come up with a plan that fits you, you have to decide, what you can take and what you cant, this whole thing depends on how you want to live your life. if his addiction is effecting you then its up to you to make the changes that is needed, so that it won't affect you as bad. sorry and i'm praying that you find a way to feel better soon.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Before I pick-up the phone (and that's IF I pick-up the phone) - I repeat a few slogans, Easy Does It; Let Go & Let God; Breathe, Just Breathe; and God do for me what I can not do for myself. And also remind myself that no matter what me & my God are going to be OK regardless, even better than OK.

Then, you can always end the phone call at any time you feel your serenity slipping away.

One Day at a Time,
Peace,
Rita
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah yes I remember that all to well. When u start to detach it becomes more and more infrequent. When u feel as if your weak let it go to voicemail. Listen if u are comfortable or just delete it. How many times have we heard I didnt get that call or I never got a voicemail? Just turn it around. I'm not sure why I got like that maybe because I was happy that he actually still thought about me to call me, maybe it was because of the lie that I knew would come, or that he would want to hang out or maybe he was just going to drop the bomb and dump me finally end my misery for the love of his life which was/is crack. Not sure but I know how u feel.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On the anxiety forum there are some good breathing techniques
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When my as even so much as emails my daughter, I start having the palpations.
Luckily, he hasn't called in a while.