26 months

Old 04-01-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 months

Thats how long it took for me to let go of my marriage after leaving my exah. 26 months!!
I mean completely let go emotionally, spiritually, financially...
That seems like a long time. I'm a very stubborn person by nature and so I fought letting go for a very very long time. And although those were the most painful months of my life to date (and hopefully ever), I learned so many lessons about life. So many lessons!! I honestly never thought I could say this, but in some very strange way, I feel grateful for the experience. I do.

This place and all of you are more wonderful than words can say. I am so proud to walk beside so many of you. Every day, you share compassion and strength...I really feel humbled by so many of your posts and replies. What a blessing this place has been in my life. I really love you all!!

For those of you who struggle with addiction in your marriage or significant relationship, all I can say is keep going...things can and do get better. I don't know why it took me as long as it did...and there were alot of times I didn't think I'd ever get here...But when you get there, its a such a beautiful place to be.

I know I'm going to to stumble alot...I know there are going to be bumps in the road...but I feel such incredible peace. I wish I could bottle it up and save it for a rainy day.

Anyway, I'm rambling...but my heart was overflowing with gratitude this morning and I just wanted to share some with you.

Love you guys!! I really do !!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gosh Out, you sound great!!
You didn't ramble at all; you were talking from your heart.
I don't think 26 mos is that long; if you tried to rush it it probably wouldn't have worked. All in our own time - whatever it takes. I am glad you are at peace now.
I recently finally let go of my 20 yr old daughter; was the hardest thing to do in my life. I do feel so much better now; still love her dearly and pray for her; but I am not responsible for her happness.
It does feel good, almost a release from the blame game.

I am so happy for you that you have found this place in your life.
Good for you!!
Terri
Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Out))) It does feels good, doesn't it Hugs, Marle
Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thank you and i feel the same way about you guys. though i'm still kind of hanging on to my marriage in one way, i thank god for all of you who helped me to learn that i still didn't have to live such a miserable existance. i love you too.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you for sharing.it does get better & better when coming out of a bad marriage.my daughter was divioces july will be 2 yrs ago & she is having a hard time finding "her place".i keep telling her the first couple of yrs. is the hardest,don't rush anything.she was married 22yrs.just take time to find you & have fun, now is YOUR time.hugs,hope
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your new avatar always makes me think of your recovery...Beautiful light shining through the clouds. The experience you share here and the lives you have impacted in such a positive way are just incredible. You always touch my heart and I'm so happy for the peace you have found!

but my heart was overflowing with gratitude this morning and I just wanted to share some with you.
Aren't there just some days where you want to burst with gratitude? I feel it well up inside me and it's this joyous feeling. I sometimes think one day when I am feeling that way, i may end up hugging everyone I encounter...and then they'll take me away

Hugs and prayers