living without the fear

Old 03-31-2007, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

elli, it is awful that you live in the fear that you do.i do not know what to tell you except go talk to a lawyer.you are asking questions i do not have answers to. i see you are really trying to take care of your & your kids.i wish you the best.hugs,hope
Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Funny seems everytime I think of u, u post and update infact just this morning I was wondering how u were. Its a shame that u have to live in fear like this and not enjoy taking your kids for walks and doing things that u all will enjoy. Maybe moving would be a good thing. Sure if tried really hard to find u he could then again he knows where u are now and has stayed away. Keep your # unlisted. I hope someday this can be behind u and u can enjoy a normal life with your kids. Especially hard when u know he is mentally unstable too. I know the feeling of needing protection it is comforting when someone else is there. If I felt like that I would have a girls night and have my friends stay the night. Not the same as a big burly man but still not all alone. I hope u find some security and serenity soon. YOU deserve it!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

elli,

i'm so sorry you have to feel so much pain and that it involves lil kids - that just breaks my heart - does he know where you're moving? and when? - maybe he'll be an adult about contacting you - maybe...

i just feel so bad for the kids in all of this - the things that must go through their heads - i worry about my nephews all the time - the more time that goes on the more people talk about stuff in the open and it seems *typical* - and it is anything but typical - i wish i could give you some concrete answers - sorry - i guess you'll just have to try not worry and take it as it comes...

love,
s
Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry that you are having to live in fear too. what i don't understand is what is your reason for not filing a restraining order? at least when you're out walking with the kids, you are more protected than not. if you call the police, you wouldn't have to worry about exwplaining anything about private property. if its support you're concerned about, won't they order some kind of temporary support? i think restraining would help a lot. keeping you in my prayers
Old 04-01-2007, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elli, I think you will live in fear until you take your own power back. The only way to protect your children is to go to a lawyer (or Legal Aid if you cannot afford one) and get sole custody. And while you are there doing that, get a protection order against him....and then be prepared to use it.

I know this is all hard for you, Elli, but the safety of your children is worth anything, no matter how hard it is, yes?

Hugs
Old 04-01-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Elli,

Get that protection order, he won't even know you did it...then call the cops when he comes around, let them enforce it.

Ann, said it all, safety first.