Are you grouchy too? Or is it me?

Old 03-30-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

Are you grouchy too? Or is it me?

This isn’t much about alcoholism today, I’m just grouchy. WHY? Is anybody else feeling like the moon is in the wrong spot or something? Have any of you noticed bad drivers, gawkers, poor customer service people, SLOW LINES!, and stupid people in general lately? Or is it just me. I never get road rage, I never have to wait in line at McDonald’s or Checkers, I generally smile at people that look at me and I usually don't get mad about customer service. My sister had a bad day yesterday too. Everything I touch goes to poo, my cute little blonde dog killed two of my baby kitties because she put them under the bed when I wasn’t looking, he is now whining over them and my lab is in heat so Fozz is also drooling over her when normally he doesn’t like her. My house is full of hormones, all my furniture is in the garage do to my remodeling which isn’t going so well. I smashed my finger and now my nail is black and numb. I just can't stand to be here! And normally, I love home. These are all little things too. I usually don't get upset but lately I am grouchy!! And I got lots of sleep lately.
My A is in jail and quite friendly as he is sober and now his brain works better. I am a very thankful person. I am very positive and happy and an all around “glass half full” kind of gal. It’s not PMS – what the H@ll is it? Anybody else feel this way? (Besides you Sunshine – I know how you are feeling – sorry for my whining - I wish you felt better.)
Just wondering, needed to vent! Thanks guys. B
Old 03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just back to the basics Bjen. HALT

I have to ask myself these stupid questions

Did I eat today ?
If I didn't eat?...maybe my temper is a bit short becuase
the human brain and body needs nutrients to function.
Did I ask my HP to over fill my herat with love ?
Did I get enough rest or sleep?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to admit ... I've been kind of feeling the same way. I normally try to see the bright side of things as well ..but so many assorted things have been going wrong for the last few weeks, I think my optimism is getting knocked around pretty good.

I have been trying to figure out why and so far I have come up with - our weather have been overcast and gloomy almost non stop for several weeks when we should be having great weather, it is tax time and by owning a business,there are about 8 different forms and taxes that have to be taken care of and nearly everyone that has responsibilities is dropping the ball and letting me down ... and it has now been a little over 2 months since my ahusband passed away while in jail for his first DUI and the reality of it is finally setting in on a new level. I thought he would be safe there ... but it appears withdrawal may have been a factor. It was such a tragic way for a life to end. I am certainly ready for the fog to lift...and to be able feel more positive about the future.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Bjen...I loved the way your articulated all that...I giggled all the way thru...not laughing at ya...hearing ya all the way thru! Man, I know those days.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

add me to the list, too....and also a bunch of workers at wal-mart today....man, they were all fussin and arguin today when i was in there. never seen that before.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sometimes everything just pisses ya off--big and small......
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not grouchy, but just going through the motions lately somewhat in a fog.
The roller coaster of emotions continues without my ex. Trying to work through that daily.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, I work in a govt agency and every crazy in the town was in there on Friday, I swear......along with the usual crazy co workers........(wait , I read somewhere if there are nothing but idiots around you, maybe you're the idiot?) Maybe it's me and not them, yeah right
Old 03-31-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Add me to that list, for the last week now haven't been in a very pleasent mood.

Earthworm
Old 03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I swear someone e-mailed me one of those cutesy wootsie sunshine e-mail---made me feel like beating someone up!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've gone through phases of feeling like that as well and having everything just go to poo regardless of what I do or try to do.

In hindsite, after the phase seems to have calmed down, I tend to realize that it's because I've 1) been overwhelmed with too many things or 2) I'm having some thoughts in my head that I'm not dealing with well or am trying to avoid and they are coming out in the only way they can.

I wonder if right now, you are experiencing something like I've mentioned. Having your A in jail right now has to be creating a lot of adjustments on your daily life and may possibly causing you some feelings that you just haven't really deal with. Just a thought.

Just remember - each day you get to start over. Hopefully your days get better soon!