just venting

Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy just venting

Today my brother walked out of his rehab, am I shocked NOPE, was I hoping for a beter out come yeah,he was tested and failed, he said it was from before he went in, I know pot stay's in your system for at least 6 week's, and that was what they found, no herion(doc) so he is telling us that he was tossed for that. do I belive him, no, could he be telling the truth, maybe..he was only there for 2 week's after his 7 detox, everyday saying how good and alive he felt, and how much he hated it there, but knew that was where he beloned.. We almost got our hope's up,like I said alomst......why is it soo much easier to use then stay clean after detox?

thank's
Old 03-28-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Nature of the disease, the hardest one thing I had to accept was when that trigger went off, there was no stopping him, it was drugs, that's it.

Their brains just don't operate like non-users, and, it was so very difficult for me to understand, finally I have.

Sorry this has happened, yet as you know you have no control over his addiction.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know you are sad, but it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scientists say that the urge to use is centered in that part of our brain that controls our survival. It is the same area that controls things like eating, sleeping and sex. Also the urge to use may be felt first on a subconcious level before the person is even aware it is there. If you think about the struggle that must entail for an addict, it is amazing that addicts manage to get and remain sober. Shows that there is more to recovery than just quitting. I hope that your brother's experience with the rehab will stay with him and prove useful somewhere down the line when he is ready. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Smile

Originally Posted by marle View Post
I hope that your brother's experience with the rehab will stay with him and prove useful somewhere down the line when he is ready. Hugs, Marle
I noticed with my as oops ras (sorry son) each time he went into rehab he came out stronger towards recovery. It took him a few times, as I think it does with alot of addicts, but and hopefully this last time in was his last time. in saying this I am agreeing wholeheartedly with marle saying the above. with each rehab theres a tool or tools that can be picked up along the way to lead them to the path of recovery
Old 03-29-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all,
I just wonder how far he will work a program he said he hate's the meeting because of all the "higher power" talk, he does'nt belive in God and stuff like that...I just tell him to do what he has to do.....
Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

and thats about all you can tell him other than you love him.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ihope you r beothercan go back to reahab,, or finds meetings or something that he can stick too..
al u can do is hope and pray its up tohim ... hehas to fight the adiiction..!!
i prayforu and ur family!!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i am sorry about your brother.wheather he has just use or when it was is not the issue.the issure is, it was not his time or he would not have walked out. in answer to your question it is hard for them to get clean & stay that way.it is what they are use to.it is there way of dealing with there problems.it is what addicts do.my prayers for you,his family & him.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry about you brother too, i agree with anvil, detox is only the beginning.
i pray that he finds his way soon.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
krhea75

Man, how disappointing..my son is in his fourth round of rehab, and this time he has been in there for 9 weeks, the longest ever. And yet he has been on the verge of leaving twice in the last week. More discouragement. As of today he is still there, but one never knows. I have been repeating the mantra, "expect the worst, hope for the best." it keeps me from being so devastated when he fails.
hope this helps.
hugs to you.
krhea
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sometimes it is just so hard to let go and let god..

blessings, k
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On a tear

Rahsue said something like I was thinking. Each time my daughter left rehab, she had more information than the time before. Each time she relapsed, she figured out one more "method" of hers that didn't work for her.

Just as some of us have tried to control addiction by pouring out booze, monitoring our addicts and trying to shut down dealers, we also find out that those things don't "work"... that our addicts still find ways to use. Each of those "methods" were our way of trying just "one more time".

Letting go... surrendering... giving up... is something we do only when we are so DONE. And that is true for the addict as well.

This IS a step in your brother's recovery. He has no illusions that he is not an addict, and has broken through some of the delusion that he can control his addiction. He's had a taste now of recovery and what it takes, and as they say around the tables, nothing ruins using like a bit of recovery.

I hope he can get back into it, but I would not hold out hope that he will be doing so REAL soon. We can't know the path they are on, or what it will take... but when I could no longer watch the progression of their disease, and turned away.... that was when *I* began to get better.

(((Hugs)))