I went back to the attorney again.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went back to the attorney again.

As some of you know - XAH is in contempt of court as he has not complied with the terms of our dissolution (Aka: divorce).

While I didn't have the money to pursue this matter at first, I have since been working on it.

XAh was sent a letter concerning the issue from my attorney. While he did his usual (begged for more time and claimed to be taking care of it) - he didn't follow through.

All the necessary paperwork has now been received by my attorney. I don't have copies of this paperwork and I turned down the offer when they asked me if I wanted copies. You see - I know what's going to happen. When XAH gets his letter stating he has a court hearing for this matter, he's all of a sudden going to be completely ready to take care of everything. And that means he's going to call me as he is going to think that I'll help him (by telling him what needs done, etc). Now - about a month or two ago when he asked me if I'd help him do it, I agreed - but not now. He hasn't made the effort to help himself this far - so I'm done holding his hand once and for all.

It was a very free kind of feeling to leave that office today and know that the matter is out of my hands. If XAH calls me, I am to tell him that he has to get an attorney. It's out of my hands!!!!!!! Oh, what a free feeling that is!!!!!!!!!!

While I believe that XAH will take care of this and we won't have to go to court - I can only say that I just want these matters taken care of. They have gone on WAY WAY WAY toooooooo long!!!!!!!

Due to recent things - I've really been able to let go of XAH and not let him get to me. It's truly such a free feeling. And getting this taken care of is just one more step in severing the ties that keep us bound.

Just thought I'd give you an update. And share my step with you that I took today - by allowing this matter to really be taken out of my hands and not taking copies of any of that paperwork! It truly feels great!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I bet it does feel great, your recovery is shining!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

You said 'free' 3 times in this post!!!
Free, Free, Free!!! Such good recovery will only bring more freedom for you, friend! I'm glad you've been able to let go and enjoy not having the burden of his stuff anymore. In helping yourself you are also helping him too...he will be forced to face things himself.
I'm happy for you!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your recovery is shining through !
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
full of hope

I'm so happy for you! When you've done all you can do...stand! Strong and free!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You are living up to your name, StandingStrong. Well done my friend.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you---It is always better to let the professionals take care of the BS----glad you feel better---hope you feel better and better everyday now!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
mime_attachment.gif (75.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

woooooo hooooooo SS!!! That's awesome! Good for you, turning it over. Like your sig line says, you sure are making 2007 a great year.

Mike
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the replies.

And cmc - I hate to admit this, but I actually edited my reply before hitting that submit button! I took out quite a few of words out that were repeated alot like "matters" and "Free!" LOL

Yes, I really do feel such a sense of freedom. It's so very hard to explain to someone that's not reached that stage yet - and I never dreamed that I'd ever get here either. I've handed the issue over to my attorney and my HP. And I got to tell ya - it feels soooo good!!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.