# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure if anyone will remember me, Hi, I'm back Part 2

This thread continues. The original thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...m-back-21.html
Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hia tj,
well this is great! a brand new thread to go with our brand new hope for the future. Seems eons ago that you started the first one.
Glad I got on first ! he he

chris
Old 03-26-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi TJ, just keeping your thread warm for you
Attached Images
File Type: gif
YouRock.gif (43.7 KB, 214 views)
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrisj728 View Post
Hia tj,

Glad I got on first ! he he
Thank you Anna! I was going to start a new one, but i was going to change the title. But it's ok

Thank chris & stone >> You rock!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

We're baaaaack!!
Ready to do damage control for whomever needs it!!!

So, howistgoinn?

I've been all over this place tonight-great about Rusty-4 years!!

We had a new lady come into our meeting tonight. She was crying and said she thought she was dying last night. It was a good night for her to come, lots of regulars but a lot of ones who only show up maybe once a week. It felt good to offer some solace to someone who was in obvious pain.
Well Happy Tuesday-
Gotta go pee in a cup tomorrow, but you know, I can release some resentment about these tests because these tests prove to the court and everyone else that I am clean. More clean tests, more unsupervised visits!
Evening!! Until Tomoz
Melissa
Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BEEEE!! Good to hear about your day

I'm still the newbie at most of the meetings I go to. Friday night though was a guy that was getting his 24 hour chip. I was so proud of him and I never even met him before. After the meeting I walked up and gave him a big ole hug!!

But my home group and tonights meeting, still the newbie. Maybe I'll say a quick prayer on my way there for a newbie and see what happens
well, I'm off to my meeting, talk soon! Hugs!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

right in the pocket chris... "Hope".. without it, just a future of misery & dispair... with it, hopes & dreams are posibilities...

and bee... dats right... 4 years today... and what a ride its been so far...

all because i surender'd... 99%.. aint nut'n 100%

xxoo ya's
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hia tj, hope your having a worry free day so far. i'm off to my home group tonight but will be back on after. Had a few probs at work today, it's almost as if i'm starting to withdraw again, been realy tired and arsey and sometimes I catch myself almost planning a slip. But I just remember how it used to be and thankfuly it passes. Well just for today, might be because I got a bit of flu comming.

anyways inabit tj

chris
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi teej!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Stone! Hi Chris! Hi RZ!
All is good on my lil corner of the world, how are you guys? Chris sorry to hear your coming down with the flu! That sucks.
A friend is coming over to chill out with me today. Good day for it, it's yucky outside!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hia tj, just got back from home meeting, good to be back there. Main share was by a guy that I have so much respect for, he's 10 yrs next month and he still tells it exactly how it is , no frills, no happy clappy just honesty about my disease. He shared about how at a young age a work mate had said to him in the pub that the beer glass in his hand realy suited him, and how that made him feel 10 ft tall. How from that moment he relied on alcohol to lift his mood, how he had found his friend.
A friend that would leave him without a family, without a house, without a car, without a job and without his freedom. How every time he tried to climb out of the hole his friend would help him up at first but then alow him to slide right back down further. It was only after he had lost the will to climb out that his friend left him beaten and betrayed.
Tj this is so my story I put all my faith in alcohol I needed it for my every emotion, but thankfuly today I am managing to live life on lifes terms without it, and do you know tj I would have drunk on the way home after hearing that share, but tonight I couldn't wait to get home to share it on SR.

anyways im giong to get my hot chocolate now

inabit tj
chris
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know what you mean chris. I love listening to the speakers. I've learned a ton in my meetings. I wish everyone would try it. I think people look at it as school or something. I kinda did before I went. hehe, and its soooooooo not like any school I ever went to!
You will have new emotions now, and most happy ones if we're lucky! I know I'm having thoughts go through my mind that I never thought would. tis s good thing! Very exciting!!
Have a good sleep john boy!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hia tj, how you feeling today, I am real good although still sniffling with the flu oh and some what tired, but thats ok today I am real positive. tj my emotions are racing way ahead but thats ok also I know today that I can say things honestly and without fear, my mind is clear and my mornings no longer hold the dread of uncertainty. I to am exited beyond my wildest dreams, I guess i'm starting off again without the fog of alcohol numbing out the real me.
anyways shower time
inabit tj

chris
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

freedom from fear... right chris...

sounds like the promises are start'n to come true...

one day ats...

xxoo ya's
Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi chris & rz!!
hope you had a good day! Lots of people slipping lately on here, almost too bummed out to post anything, dont know what to say to help sometimes. I wonder if spring has something to do with it??? I sure hope everyone keeps coming back and jumps back on the wagon with us.
Anywho! On a happier note, My hubby found a kick a$$ morel mushroom patch. We're talking 20 acres! SOOO, he'll be out of my hair for the next few weeks .....although, I might go with him a couple times. Pretty fun!
Meetings have been real good. Getting to remember a lot more names. I was terrible about it at first. We are like one big family of goof-offs and seriousness at the same time, its great!
Chris, hope your flu goes away soon. A few peeps around here are getting it too.
Well I'm off to dream land nighty night!! MUAH!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Hi Guys..
How is every one today?
Got a good message from my Dependency Attorney-she filed a letter of recommendation from my therapist recommending unsupervised visits. Anne Marie (Atty) then discussed this with the attornies for Guardian Ad Litem and Children and Fams, she said she is just waiting on confirmation to start unsupervised. I am not holding my breath, but this is good news...I have good things to look forward to.

Hey TJ, send some of those Morels down here!!! I love mushrooms. I have a couple of friends who go in the woods around here and they bring back Chanterelles-they are wonderfully meaty mushrooms-make for a great casserole or as a filler in stuffing.

Chris Stone RZ Anna...how goes it?

Looking forward to the end of the week. Got an early morning Soccer game Saturday-my Dad will be here to watch his grandson and Sunday-Callum comes all day. I am giddy! Plus today-36 days!, my father says it will be a good thing to reach a point of sobriety when the exact # of days does not matter anymore, I agree but for now-it makes me feel so good.

Hi Golfman! Hi TAZ-hope things are settling down in your mind!!
Take care-working Step#2 with my sponsor today-
Melissa
Old 03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bee62 View Post
Got a good message from my Dependency Attorney-she filed a letter of recommendation from my therapist recommending unsupervised visits. Anne Marie (Atty) then discussed this with the attornies for Guardian Ad Litem and Children and Fams, she said she is just waiting on confirmation to start unsupervised. I am not holding my breath, but this is good news...I have good things to look forward to.
Fantastic news BEE!!!!!! I am so happy for you.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hia tj hows you today, my day has been good. Even fridays don't seem to pose to many probs anymore. Remember I always realy struggled on fridays, especialy at work with the talk being of weekend drinking and all. But thankfully this is the third friday running,so brill !.
My only worry is that i'm getting complaicent, getting almost to sober, with cravings and obsessions relenting then i'm tending to loose track of the reason I needed to stop. It's time to start retracing my steps and time to start doing them also. I know that with sobriety I am capable of clear judgment these day but I just dont want to be caught unawares by alcohol and return to a life without laughter.
Soz for the ramble but I guess I just needed to reconfirm my belief in what im doing.

inabit tj

chris
Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hiya chris!!

Ok, time to make a list of all the reasons you quit and all the bad things that alcohol has caused in your life. You dont have to share it here, but make a list. I do that once in a while and it helps. Then on another page, I list how good life it now "gratitude list". So do that, k?
Whats up for your weekend? going hiking? I have a wedding to attend tomorrow so I'll be on early, and then late after all is over. This wedding is going to be like watching beavus & butthead doing a ridiculous skit!! Maybe I should tape my mouth shut when I get there???
Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well, sheesh! My sponsor came up and wanted to take me a meeting tonight, so I went. Very cool meeting. I was one of the speakers for about 5 minutes. I wasn't nearly as nervous sharing this time as I was the other times. Twas cool! I'm going again tomorrow night as well. This one will be a birthday party for those celebrating x-amount of years sober. I love those!!
Then me & her went to a resteraunt and ate very fattening desserts and didnt leave there til 11:30 hehe! We had a long talk about something that happened today with me and I feel so much better now!!!!!!! tis a good thing! God, I'm so glad she's my sponsor & friend!
Hugs everyone!