Easter Holiday

Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Easter Holiday

I haven't heard too much from my as since he's been kicked out over 3 weeks ago. He is currently staying with a friend. He just spoke to my daughter online and wanted to know if he could come home for Easter. Yikes!!!!

I don't even know if he's clean or not. Husband says no. Maybe we'll go away. I think that maybe that would be a good idea. What do you think?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

If you want to go away, why not?
Or you could just tell him no, he cannot come home for Easter, and save the money?

This is your choice. A nice get away in early April can be fun. A little further south and spring is in full swing!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Louise....
We went away once for Easter, it was absolutely, positively wonderful!
So...I think it's good idea!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You could tell him that he can come if he can pass a clean urine test. (Have your husband watch him if he agrees.) If he is using he will find an excuse not to come. Of course, if you just want to go away that might be easier Hugs, Marle
Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i was just thinking this morning how difficult family holidays can be. blessings, k
Old 03-26-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think that if you want a vacation then go. what is your motive for going might be a good question to ask yourself. still praying for you and your family
Old 03-26-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i am forever wanting to go away, run away is a better name for it. if you can enjoy yourself on a holiday without your family then go for it.sometimes it is a no win situation. stay & leave half your family out or just leave. this yr. i do not plan to cook at all.maybe you could go to someones else home for easter & then it will not be you decision.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If the weathers nice we usually go to the shore. If we don't go the old urine test should do the trick. God knows we've done enough of those. He has trouble when husband's watching. lol. He told my daughter that he would go with his friend to his relatives house. That is what will probably wind up happening. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Louise, I have been where you are and it's okay to say no. We no longer have to put ourselves in any position we are uncomfortable with. Doesn't mean we don't love them, it means we love ourselves enough to not put us in a place of tension.

Drug tests never appealed to me. My thoughts are that they degrade the giver and the taker. He is clean or he is not clean, and if you are not certain then "no" is appropriate. We don't have to justify our answers, taking care of ourselves is a good enough reason.

Whatever you choose, this codie mom is walking with you.

Hugs