OT Sorta kinda but Happy Stuff

Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wink OT Sorta kinda but Happy Stuff

I've been blessed with a decent job and a 15 year mortgage that has recently been paid off. That's exciting considering it's a ways til retirement. So I've been researching and exploring refinancing and buying a weekend retreat. On the first time out looking at homes, I fell in love. I practiced patience (sorta, kinda) and tried hard not to practice manipulation to wait for hubby to catch up with me and know this is the place

Everything is falling in place and we should close by mid April. The home is near a national park, along the Appalachian Trail...lots of hiking and kayaking, canoing and the community is a nice combination of nature and amenities...even its own ski slope. The property is extremely private with two tiers of decks overlooking a babbling brook in the back and green lands around it.

I'm feeling excited and filled with gratitude. In some ways this speaks to where I've come in recovery. These are usually the type of ideas I would think of in the past but lack the confidence to pursue. I'd feel like it was too selfish or that I wasn't worth having something that could bring me good feelings. Now, when ideas and dreams come to me, I am learning to explore them, to not be afraid of what anyone might think or that I will be ridiculed. The worst that can happen is that I realize there are down sides or limitations that make the idea not worth pursuing, at least for now.

I wanted to share my happiness with those who have helped me so much in finding that better place. I am looking forward to special times with family and friends in our new weekend retreat and to finding the peace I love in walks through the mountains. Thank you for shaing my joy! Love, hugs and prayers

Old 03-24-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

How wonderful! Sounds like a peaceful place, enjoy!
Old 03-24-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The view from the back

Part of the great room:

A good spot after a long hike

Old 03-24-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Ok.. I can see the bubble bath already! Woo Hoo waht a GREAT place and a wonderful future retirement home!

WAY TO GO!!!!

Everybody:

ALL ABOARD! Time to fire up the Codie Bus and go have a house warming party this summer for Greet!
I will bring a framed painting for one of the walls....

What are you all bringing?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will bring candles, lots of candles for quiet evenings by the fire...

And some for the candlelight baths....

Greet, that place is absolutely fabulous and just exudes the peace and recovery there.

I see coffee on the deck, walks with nature every day, little critters wandering by to say hello, and moonlight streaming through the trees shining in your window as you sit by the fire with a good book.

It's a reatreat we all dream of and nobody deserves to have their dreams come true more than you.

Hugs
Old 03-24-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Greet, I am sooo happy for you. What a fantastic place. Wow, all the windows, & a fireplace too!!! I just love that you have a great room, so nice to entertain w/o being stuck in the kitchen. I will send you a compass so you don't get lost hiking!! lol. May many happy memories & traditions begin there.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

greet, i love the place, it would be my dream come true, its beautiful. now see, i don't have to stop pursueing my dreams either do i? you are such an encouragement to me, i mean it like i just had a lightbulb moment dealing with some other issues that i've been having.

i'm getting on that codie bus and bring with me a special painting, just for you. thank so much, i wish you could feel how much you mean to me and how helpful you have been. you deserve all that life has to offer you and then some. praying for ya.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So....what shall I pack?
Now, you KNOW Greet that I'm not far, so this place can't be too much a haul right?
Better keep the location a secret...you may have a squatter named...um...Cece?
I'm so proud of you Greet...you are one deserving gal.
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 03-24-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

now see, i don't have to stop pursueing my dreams either do i?

Never, ever, ever!

You are all so incredibly special and the journey you take with me and the things that you have taught me with such love mean more to me than I could ever put into words. I just hope that a teenie, tiny part of my gratitude for your presence in my life comes through in my posts. Multiply that by a million and it starts to express my feelings!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Now, you KNOW Greet that I'm not far, so this place can't be too much a haul right?

I think it actually brings us closer than the "work week" home, lol. We'll have to google it. And Helpus, I believe the same is true for you too! There's going to be one heck of an SR retreat there...never fear!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah! Camp Codi !!!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Greet)))))))

I'm so happy for you! What a beautiful place to practice serenity.
Let's see now...what can I bring for a housewarming????

How 'bout this?

And this?

And last but certainly not least.....this

Enjoy your wonderful new summer home, and don't forget the codie reunion in August. Your place, right? lol

Love to you, sweetie.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Camp Codi !!!
Somehow I think hubby had a different name in mind...but we'll win him over I think it's perfect!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
grateful rca

love ya
Old 03-24-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It is truly lovely....

I am so glad you found a place to relax and enjoy the serenity you so deserve.....may you fill the spaces with love and joy
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh...I just thought of some "musts" from one girl who lives with nature to another....

Some really good binoculars (worth the price for good ones)...

A bird book so you can identify the local and migrating birds and know what they like for food....

And of course, a few birdfeeders so you can enjoy watching them each morning with your coffee...

Old 03-24-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ICU

Just beautiful! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

I'm a camper/nature girl at heart, so this is my kind of place.

Camp Codi!! LOL, I love it!

Since I don't have a camera, I don't have any pictures to share, so I'll just have to explain what I'm bringing. I see some buffalo wings with blue cheese dip on the side, assorted cheeses, crackers, and some fruit. Oh, and baked Brie Cheese crusted with cashews!!! That's a must have!!

If I promise to bring enough for everyone, may I join you?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Since I don't have a camera, I don't have any pictures to share, so I'll just have to explain what I'm bringing. I see some buffalo wings with blue cheese dip on the side, assorted cheeses, crackers, and some fruit. Oh, and baked Brie Cheese crusted with cashews!!! That's a must have!!

If I promise to bring enough for everyone, may I join you?

Mmmmmm...yummy! We just had a "celebrate Spring" spread at work where people brought in goodies and I had the best wings I've ever tasted. Now your post has my mouth watering again.

No need to bring anything but yourself (but that food sounds really good, hint, hint, lol) You are MOST WELCOME!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
Somehow I think hubby had a different name in mind...but we'll win him over I think it's perfect!

Worked for the house, right?

Just takes the other gender a little longer to come around to OUR way of thinking!
Eventually they do tho and then I KNOW they are so grateful we thought of the right thing for them! (How do ya like THAT for Codie Statements!)

Woo Hoo.. Camp Codie...
Old 03-24-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow, Greet, that's beautiful AND a whirlpool and a fireplace, what more could ya want?
What I want to know is how the heck you found that on the first time out? We've been looking in the same area for about 2 yrs on and off and have only found junk! But we're not giving up....'cept after looking at your pics, I think we are adding a stream as a must....that looks soooooo peaceful!
Hmmm...now what can I bring? :-) Some monkey bread?
I got the fishing rods covered! Looks like there might be some trout in that stream. Only prob is I refuse to "clean" the fish...can anyone else cover that? hehe
Congrats! SM