View from the window

Old 03-23-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

View from the window

About a week ago I had a thread on the view from where you are at.
Today Id like to share a few pictures of my view
(If I stand, look over my cubicle and through the window in my bosses office anyway)
One is of the new palm trees they just planted and the other of an old oak tree.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love flowers!!!!
Hopefully Ill eb planting some pretty gerber daisys this weekend in my brick planter on my front walk
Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

those are nice, i had to go back and see where you are and your profile don't say, i think that all of you who have pretty "real live" palm trees to look at are really lucky. i have to go on a vacation to see one of those and i love them. see, you've got plenty of other things to focus on.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I thought you were going to come visit me? LOL
Im in Daytona Beach Florida.
Those palm trees were imported from California though.
Ill post beach pictures later, but they are on my home computer
Old 03-23-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, we have no deer. Just pesky kids who pick them. (for me-but I like them growing)
ALong my back fence path I ahve large hibiscuses, several colors it reminds m of paradise.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

no deer cinder? i don't know why i associate florida with wild life. yeah my daughters and i were talking about vacation this morning, i'll let you know when we are settle on dates, for now, i think that we are looking at maybe july, after the 4th. i forgot i guess, but i knew that it was either cali or fla. my baby sis, lives in cali., she went there on a 2 wk vacation and never came back to live, that was almost 12 yrs ago, she's due back in july and we're trying to make a vacation around the time that she's here.

and tx, do you guys have problems with deer causing car accidents. before i moved to the side of town that i live now, i never saw deers on the road, but now, they just run across the street at will. made me kind of don't care too much for deers.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Teke, we see deer on the highway and backroads, just not in my suburban neighborhood.

There is a lot of wildlife but you sorta have to look for it. Too much city building up now killing things.

Tx, my dog does the same thing, we only moved to this house in January so she hasnt killed the grass yet and I think the bushes are big enough to be safe.
I am going to divide half my yard so I can make a pond full of tropical plants that my turtles will one day, years from now, live in. But thats expensive and will be some time from now, after my almost three year old can swim
Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

cinder,
That live oak is nice! It looks like the storm got to it though... alot of those were lost in the middle of the state.
I'm looking out at a 20 foot tall gumbo limbo tree I started from a cutting! I have jasmine, a blue iris, Cuban buttercup, plumbago, jatropha, a coffee bush and some blue porterweed in sight as I write this. I can see palm trees all along the top of my fenceline...my neighbors all have tons of queen and sabal palms. I'm a few hours drive south of you.

teke,
Our FL deer aren't as big as up North, and the ones in the Keys are about 18 inches tall!! They're so cute and an endangered species.

tx,
No deer in my yard but we have a huge problem in this area with iguanas up to 5 feet long, eating plants. I've only seen one baby iguana in my yard but had a Cuban anole (yellow and kelly green) here a few years ago. He kept tapping his head on our front door! We kept going to the door to see who was here!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

CMC
I didnt realize you were that close. Ive heard stories of iguanas taking over down there. I have to say that would be a sight Id love to see. A few years ago deland-west of me had several escaped monitors starting a colony and treeing cats and such. They had to be be removed.

Do you have snake problems?

That oak is about 5 feet around at the base and over 100 years old. Yes its much thinner since 2004 hurricanes and then Christmas day tornados last year. There were 2 others much larger in the parking lot that the County wanted to remain but they were so damamged they looked more like eyesores, they finally removed them.

Tx, I always wanted a patio cover, instead a year ago I bought a huge patio umbrella and 2 adirondeck chairs and dubbed that my paradise.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Cinder!!
You wouln't happen to live in Windsor California??? your pics look alot like Windsor.... I came back from there a couple of months ago......just loved it....... let me know okay!!!

lots love,
Liz
Old 03-23-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

POst pics.
Well for me I upload them to photobucket and then place the IMG code on the post area and voila they are there
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

tonight when I go to work I'll be on the 57th floor (penthouse) of the tallest building in philly, thats a nice view but I think I'd rather see palm trees
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful rca

CMC

a 5' iguanas, that thing is as big as me, do they bite people? i don't know if i could live where they live. i'm so afraid of anything that resembles alligators,lizzard, gechos and crocadiles, i dont' see how to say that so casual. thats a little too big for my comfort.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Everybody - last time I was at my daughter's looking at a Quail family - so cute - Robins - Stellar Jays and occassional Dear - Today I'm back in the city and see pink blossoms - flower gardens and rain from out 3rd floor apt. window. And yes we have lots of Palm trees here on the island - love this place. By the way Teke look close and see how exquisite some of those lizzards are
Old 03-23-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
grateful rca

no way hose', i ain't going no where near no lizzard.......uh uh, NO WAY!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I had an iguana once but he didnt like me. He was only 18 inches long but would smack me with his tail-OUCH
Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cmc

teke,
Most people here will never see them unless they go to an undisturbed area- to fish or hike, but with all the ponds here they will move to where there's water and food.
Yes, they do bite and have some wicked tails that they will whip with when threatened. If I saw one I would just ignore it- they won't bother you unless you try to catch them! And yes...some people do try to do that wanting a pet (bad idea cause these are wild) or want to sell them. I hear that some people eat them! blech! I've heard that even a tiny one found in the wild will never make a good pet- they would have to be just a few days old to keep.
Please teke, don't be scared!!! ;-)
hugs,
cmc
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Beautiful.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Looks so peaceful anvil I love it! Oh and your right hank is a hottie lol.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ok I missed it where is Hank?