Things you need to work on and how you are going to

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Things you need to work on and how you are going to

Teke started a great thread on what you like about yourself. Well, this is about 180 degrees from that and is about what you need to work on so you better like yourself and how you are going to do this.

When I get hurt I tend to react. I have improved my response time to this (letting it go for awhile), but I need to do better. Next time someone or something makes me angry I am going to STOP. I am going to take a DEEP breath and sit down and wirite until my hand falls off before I do anything, so IF I do something it is good for me and not out of revenge or feelings.

I do not handle anger well. I think I need to handle it like I am planning to handle hurt and pain. I think anger comes from the same place as hurt and pain.

Letting people get in my head and not getting them out or letting things go. I am going to make a conscious effort to push those thoughts that become circular out of my head and hand them to my HP. I think I can do this one with prayer and meditation and then if that does not work, get working on a thought consuming project.

Physical pain and health issues. I take care of these things but I can do more. I need to do more working out to strengthen muscles that support joints that are just plain worn out. I am going to take time every other day just before I make my dinner to go thru the whole work out routine. In between days I am going to take time to walk either outside or on the treadmill. I usually do this but I must do it ALL the time.

I have come a ways in 5 months but I need to do more. I need to make and effoert every day.. if it thru reading books like "The Language of Letting go" or AlAnon literature or something from my church.

Sometimes it is easy to walk on the recovery path and sometimes it takes a lot of discipline to make yourself walk it. I know when I get off this path, or even reject this path, my life goes wrong.

How 'bout y'all?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think i need to focus more on my spirituality and i plan on getting back into the groove of going to church more, it also helps me to stay balanced and grounded.

i need to work on my feelings toward my marriage, and i plan on just paying more attention to my inner voice about things.

i'll come back when i think of more, i'm sure, that there is a lot more than i can think of but, right now i'm still codie sick, and i need to figure out why
Old 03-23-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Ahhh....I just need to mind my own business.
AND just assume responsibility for MYSELF, and no one else.
And stay positive, stamp out every itty bitty negative thought that comes into my mind.

Hugs to all.....
Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a reactionary. To all comments I react, defensively angrily and with vengence. Im working on it but have so far to go.

When someone says something mean tears flow hard and strong, I cannot stop them, when they stop I switch to angry.

I obsess over everything.

When I turn things over to God I need to leave them in his hands and not take them back on. I need to let go more and remember things arent always going work out as planned.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tend to let my "machine" go on overload for too long. I don't take time to meditate, write in my journal, take a long walk, go do some exercise, or any of those things that helps us stay balanced and sane and healthy.

I need to schedule that into my day just as much as the other stuff, with equal importance, if I'm going to make the most of life.

I also seem to be more reclusive than I used to be (safer). I'd like to learn to take more social risks, get out and meet people more, develop a community for myself of folks who like the same things I do. I think this makes life richer, but I don't do it because I'm too shy and too lazy.

(And Elana, could be me but I don't think this is really 180 degrees off Teke's thread. I think this too is part of self-love ----- recognizing the areas where we want to grow ourselves, in a tender and non-judgemental way, and steering ourselves in that direction.)

Love,
GL
Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I too am working on the social thing. I am hoping to get a dog and then get involved in training it with a group of other people (agility and obedience?). I really should go back and take more chemistry courses at night. I am good at this and it is really hard work.. keeps me focused and I meet more people.

I love my AlAnon friends but I need to step outside of that circle and do other things with a mix of people.

See what a codie I am? I looked at this as opposite of Teke's thread, but you are correct (I might add.. AS USUAL!). Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Pressing on...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is nothing that expresses self-love so strongly as the willingness to look at the things we want to change about ourselves -- with love, not judgment -- like we would look at a child or an animal trying to learn a new skill, cheering them on and thinking "You can do it, baby. Just keep trying."

I'm trying hard to keep this attitude about all my faults.

I want to be my own best cheerleader squadron.

Gimme a G! Gimme an L!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm going to church again, I went away from it the past 6 months, my ex wasn't a religious or spirtiual person and I allowed his influence to effect me that way so I've been going this past month and feels so good, like you teke it helps me stay grounded, and I'm also reading the bible.. both have made such a difference... I'm also planning on going to counselling, and getting together more often with my friends who I had neglected in the past...

lotsa love
Liz