It's so very painful

Old 04-27-2003, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's so very painful

posted 04-27-2003 01:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi you lovely people,

I am in pain today, my son came round this morning looking dreadful after a binge is the only way I can describe it, he was hungry and came round for food which I always provide, I don't know how much longer he can go on like this. I came down stairs this morning for my cup of coffee and found him in the back yard, it is so very painful seeing him like this, it makes me very sad.

I can only keep praying to God to help him and talking about how I feel. It is my birthday next Sunday and I'm heading off to the Lake Distrist for the weekend, Ive had this planned for a few weeks, but as always I'll be worried that everything will be O.K back home. My daughter is looking after the house and my 2 cats for me while I'm away, and my son will come and go when he is hungry. I know I've got a long way to go with tough love but sometimes I get tired of fighting.

Where the drugs have took my son is inhumane, and he can't see it,

I think I am coming to accept that my partner is addicted to morphine, although I dont understand why any doctor would prescribe them for 7 years without a medical diagnosis, can somebody throw some light on that for me, all your opinions will be much appreciated. I know what I am dealing with, with my son but the morphine thing is a different issue.

Thanks for letting me get all of this off my chest, hope the day will improve.
God Bless and Hugs
Jewel
Old 04-27-2003, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jewel...

Here's a big hug ((((Jewel)))). I know how hard it is to see someone you love destroying themselves and knowing there's nothing you can do.

About the doctor... I certainly can't throw any light on that. 7 years of morphine without a diagnosis? That sounds very odd.

Try to have a restful vacation. Your son can't get in any more trouble with you out of town than he can while you're there.

More hugs,
Smoke
Old 04-27-2003, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs from me too Jewell,

There is a song lyric that goes "I want a double shot of my baby's love" (The Swingin' Medallions). But I don't think anyone ever asked for a double shot of addiction. I'm sorry that you have to deal with all this. I join Smoke in hoping that your getaway weekend will recharge your emotional batteries.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-27-2003, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Jewel,

Us mom's know how you feel.

I hope you can enjoy your time away. And Smokes is right. He can't get into any more trouble with you away than he can with you right at home.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Hangin' In
Old 04-27-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

jewel,
Your post made me so sad. My A and I have separated and he has been living with his parents for 3 months. He had a drinking episode while there and they told him one more time and you're out. He just got a new job so is moving to a new state which has all of us worried sick. I know if he loses this job and tries to go back home they're not going to take him in. And I know his mom is having a really hard time with this. It's hard enough dealing with a spouse, I just cannot imagine it being your child. I hope your son wakes up and gets himself into recovery one day soon. Good luck and You're in my prayers.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A big HUG and thanks to you all for your wonderful support, you really do keep me going.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I will have a nice time in the Lakes, and be thinking of you all, though I will miss my computer.

Love Jewel