Hello Everyone!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Hello Everyone!

Not sure if anyone remembers me, I've been gone for awhile now. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on January 11th. She has a full head of black hair and gorgeous blue eyes, she is truly an angel. I forgot about the long nights, and am adjusting now to the sleep deprivation. I am now back at work after 10 weeks, I cut my maternity leave short, I was going stir crazy being at home with my 2 year old and a new born during a harsh Michigan winter
I am doing well, I still struggle with control issues from time to time I probably always will! Especially having a newborn and no sort of schedule at home, that is driving me REALLY crazy. I try to let it go and realize it's more important to spend time with my kids than to windex the handprints off the TV for the 10th time in one day!
AH is doing well. No major issues with him, sometimes I forget he is a crack addict, because it seems like that lifestyle was so long ago. He has been drinking here and there for about 6 months, I don't say anything about it and it has not gotten out of hand. He is respectful enough to wait until the kids go to bed and he has helped me get dinner ready, clean up, pajamas etc. and then he will usually have a beer or 2 in the garage. I'm not totally thrilled about the drinking, but at least he isn't hiding it and it's not out of control. I have to many other responsibilities now then to be chasing him around playing mom to him, I think he likes the focus off of him now too

His company offered him a buyout so that is the latest and greatest hurdle,, he works for the one of the Big 3, it's scary to think about taking a buyout,( I hate change) but even worse for his company to get sold and then we are left with nothing. The first thing I did was throw his past in his face and make 101 excuses why he should stay put at his job, basically made him feel like the only thing he was capable of doing is assembling cars, brought up his criminal record and a whole host of other things, then I talked to my mom (the co dependant worry wart extrodinare) who said the very same things to me that I said to AH (hmmm wonder where I get it from) so I decided to put aside the mother role and take on the partner role and help him to work through a decesion for us. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, I think about y'all often and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone is doing well, I'm glad to see alot of familar faces here still, and have been reading posts to keep up..there is so much recovery on these boards and it's great! I missed u guys, I don't know how often i'll be around after 10 weeks off I am busy at work but I wanted to drop in and let you know I was still alive!!!!

Hugs!!!!
Frog
Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Froglegs)))
I always thought we were related since you were, froglegs, and I was Mooselips...LOL
Glad to hear about your new baby tadpole, I bet she is gorgeous!
And happy to hear that life sounds....serene!

Hugs to you,
I missed ya!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Missed you, Froggy...sooooo glad to see you back again.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Frog!!

I am so happy to hear the wonderful update.
I've missed you around here!
Please give the little tadpole an extra hug and snuggle tonight!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Froglegs, Congratulations on the new bundle of joy. I agree with the Michigan winters. Today is beautiful but Lake Huron always has a way of ruining spring up here. It will be 60 inland and cooler (meaning 35) near Lake Huron Anyways welcome back and I am happy to hear things are going better for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-22-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Froggy, I'm so happy to hear from you...another one of our family that I have been thinking about and now appears. Congratulations on the sweet angel. You do have your hands full with two little ones and work...enjoy every moment. Very happy to hear your husband is doing well too. You sound like you have grown in your recovery and that's helping both of you. Hugs and prayers.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Frog))) I remember when you got here... what a nice recovery you have going on.

Congratulations on the little girl... babies remind me how powerful is my HP.

(((Hugs)))
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

Hey froggy!
I've missed you too and am glad to hear about your lil one- she sounds beautiful. I hope to see you around whenever you can come by.
I didn't know you were in Mich...I was born there but am in the sunny South these days. We have drought conditions here now with water restrictions- too bad some of that melting snow can't reach us here!
I hope things fall into place for your hubby with work and everything else. You sound good!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY you popped in to say hi. You have no idea how many times you popped in my head. I always wondered when you had your baby, how you and AH were doing and couldnt wait to here from you. Thanks for givng an update.. I am glad things are going so well for you. YOu see miracles happen everyday. I am happy for you and dont be a stranger okay..

My son just turned one yesteday doesnt time fly right by ( sorry my question mark key dont work )

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 03-23-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

it sounds as if your life has some order to it & you are going places.congratulations on that beautiful baby.keep coming back. i am glad you took the time to post.hugs,
Old 03-23-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Froggie! So glad to hear from you and to hear about the new Tadpole. You sound like you are doing great. I'm glad to hear how you are and for you to come back and shine some awesome recovery around!

Take care and keep us updated as little tadpole turns into a frog! Donna
Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((Froglegs))))

So happy to hear your good update. You've been missed.
Congratulations on your new baby girl. Wow! You have your
hands full, but sure sound like your lovin' it. That's great.
Sending prayers up for you and your growing family.
Let us know how you are from time to time, and the cute little
stories, that only a mother with little ones, can share.
I love babies.
You sound good. Prayering for continued serenity.