Tired of everyone already

Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Tired of everyone already

I am just freaking tired of my family already they get me sick literally. I am tired of dealing with their BS and I dont have it in me anymore to be nice or maybe I should eliminate contact for a while.

My sister J is having problems with her rent.. she is on public assistance and for one reason or another her rent didnt get paid for two months, public assistance usually pays it. She received a notice of petition. she has been getting the run around from the public assistance office.

I spoke to my oldest sister this morning it so happens she works in a public assistance office and deals with rent arrears. My oldest sister "R" asked about our other sister "J". I told her what was happening and she tells me to tell "J" to call her and she will have them reissue her rent checks.

So sister "J" calls me and I relayed the message. She calls back two minutes later saying to me " why the F you have me call her?" I said cause she said so, she was like the F@#$%$# B told me she couldnt talk and hung up. My sister is ranting and raving flipping the F out just cause my sister said she couldnt talk right now. I told sister "J" that maybe she had a client right there and couldnt go into it. She called my sister horrible names just cause she didnt take the call and blames me. As if I had any control of that and its my fault. I cant help it if we work and could be busy at times. I really am tired of everyone.. tired of people walking all over me all the time.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you today...dealing with family affairs can be so exhausting.

Hope the rest of your day is better!

Sheila
Old 03-21-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Hey Jewelz!
I'm sorry you got the blunt end of the stick. Next time, maybe you should let your sister take care of her own affairs. She could've called your older sister on her own which I would've thought would've been the first thing she would do. Not everyone has a family member who works in the system.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

cupi, I know what your saying but it wasn't that i wanted to try and help out or anything but when my big sister ask how sister "J" she was doing thats when I told her. My sister "J" has mental problems literally and most of the time doesnt think with a rational brain. I am tired of dealing with her.. I will start pulling myself away because she sucks the breathe out of me.
BTW ... I am not saying anything at all anymore even if it asked.
thanks,
jewel
Old 03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i have 3 sisters and i find that it bests for me to just listen most of the time when they call, and if i'm ever asked to do something for them that they can do for themselves, i usually suggest that they do. i reaized that i can't be all things for all people, i don't have all the answers. maybe its time to step back and just take care of you and your needs.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I think it is a good thing when we reach our level of tolernace...

I have most definatly reach that level with my family. My mom asked me just today why don't I ever go to her house.... I said are you kidding me????
Old 03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep I agree dont say a word. I have the same issues with my family. Sometimes I am so happy I have caller ID! I have learned to not get sucked in and pass messages although I always thought I was helping and that it was innocent but for some reason people felt compelled to blame me for something. I am sorry you have to deal with this. I agree you need some jewelz time!!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This thread almost amkes me glad my family hardly ever talks to me.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Jewelz: Hard to take time out - I'm just back home after staying with AD - what a roller coaster of a time that was!!!! Got a laugh out of cinderellawkids - let's get that phone ID thing - or do the *69 thing to find out if it was someone you want to call back.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

yeah......take a vacation. here sit undeer my palm tree

<--------------handing you a nice cold iced tea
Old 03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ditto...time out for you! Take at least 3 deep breaths in, hold then exhale. I have a highly dysfunctional family as well, so I can relate totally. They can make you totally crazy. But you have to let yourself come first. Set your boundaries, for instance "no more using me as a go between", etc., then stick to them.
Wishing you all the best. Now just wish the same for yourself - that is the most important part for us codies...we are always wishing everyone else well, but not ourselves!
Love and hugs, SM
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I could feel your frustration. I would be too. Sorry that something you did so innocently became so ugly. I call these little lessons that people teach me. I usually walk away from situations like that saying to myself..."Lesson learned...I won't be doing that again." I guess next time this will be you