Sometimes I just don't get it.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sometimes I just don't get it.

Okay this doesn't really have to do with just A's but more so with anyone who publicly shames someone for doing something that THEY in fact themselves are guilty of doing too. I just want to call the person out on it and say Hey you have alot of nerve publicly saying on a forum that what the people were doing is wrong and should no better when your guilty of have done the same thing. Why not just stand up and say Hey in my opioion what the people are doing is wrong and I have to admit that I am guilty of having done the same thing and it got me into a whole lot of trouble and or mess.

Just FYI I'm venting this has nothing to do with anything on this forum...more so it has to do with my ex - A bf who was an officer in the military and his cheating on me and having a relationship with an enlisted in the military. PPl need to own there own stuff before they go calling others out for the same behavior.

Just my vent and .02 cents worth.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hey MTB, I have a friend who says that all the time..."own your stuff"! What a great lesson to live by!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thought fraternization was prohibited... or was that just in the "old" days?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

^^^ that's what i was told when i served.
Can't say i didn't see happened though.
It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.
Maybe they changed the rules ?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep it is prohibited. Didn't stop my ex- A bf though. The part I'm miffed about is him shaming other military people for doing the exact thing he did... I'm not military by the way and never have been. I just don't think he has the right or the place to be spouting forth on a military forum like that acting like he has all these morals. Just bugs me that he gets away looking like this stand up guy to everyone else...boy would all of their opinions change if they knew that he was having an unproffesional relationship with a woman he worked with who was an enlisted while he was a captain...oh and that he was doing all this behind his girlfriends back (i.e. me).

Sorry my rabbit is in the process of dying tonight...one of my coping mechanisims is to vent about stupid stuff rather than feeling the grief.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And that self-righteous attitude. Oh, I know it so well - AH is a Lt. Col. and talk about someone with a "my poo don't stink" attitude. Jeesh!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AMEN to that!!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pet-peeve.
I can not stand when someone is guilty of wrong doings and has the nerve to sit on their soap box and point fingers.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

MTB,
Why not just stand up and say Hey in my opioion what the people are doing is wrong
Because that requires humility, self esteem, honesty and good character.

It's been my experience that most people who do that kind of blaming or fault finding, do so out of their own area of weakness. For what it's worth, sooner or later most people will see through it. (I'm sure the gf will learn this)
Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree--but who really care what others think--the person who is doing it knows--they have to deal with it..
Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2be View Post
Pet-peeve.
I can not stand when someone is guilty of wrong doings and has the nerve to sit on their soap box and point fingers.
there is a very important element of truth to this. something about when we are yelling and pointing the fingers we are projecting ourselves onto others.

i find it very helpful to examine myself when i get in that mode because it is a clue to discover something about me which i need to address.

and on the other hand, when someone is yelling at me about something i recognize that it is plainly (usually) their issue with themselves. this helps me to not take it personally and gives me insight about them...