lunch boxes and dinner menu

Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lunch boxes and dinner menu

Okay. Who of us prepared our lunches today. I know weve talked about before.
I fix Ah sandwiches. Fixed myself one and then gave it to him (Yuck dont like sandwiches.) But I got smart and brought leftover tuna casserole, fried shrimp, an apple and a string cheese stick.

What about you all?

....and what is on the dinner menu? Is KJ cooking again?

Hubby and I are obsessed with our new deep fryer so tonite its breaded baked chicken breast and deep fried potato slivers seasoned with Lawrys seasoning salt, and for a veggie we will go simple with canned green beans.

Whose next?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds good Cinder - I'll be right over. Today going back home. AD actually making own lunch - that really dark rye heavy bread and two micro eggs lots of pepper - love that dark rye! I'll put a beef pot roast in her slow cooker before I go with lot of onions (even better when it's pork roast apples with skins and onions) - dinner will be ready when she gets home. Slow cookers are the best. Have you tried chicken thighs with a package of cranberries?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I eat at my moms for lunch.. She usually cooks real good.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

tx- my kids love instant mashed potatos with their meatloaf.

If I dont plan dinner it ends up being peanut butter sandwichs and frozen pizza-My poor kids if thats the meal my 5 year old fixes the sandwiches
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG-fresh mashed potatos-You are my hero
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi txsunflower - A quick meatloaf - 1 1/2 lb. ground beef- put 1 egg 1 large onion - salt/pepper whatever in blender - break up a couple slices of bread(i use 3 cause we use small loaf) mix all together and put in one of the round micro pans with hole in the middle and cook covered for 13 min pour off extra fat and cook another 3 mins or so depending on your micro. - slices nice hope I haven't forgotten something.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

see you guys are making me hungry, guess i gotta go see what i can find that will be quick, if not, i don't know.

my poor husband would love to have yall around, i don't know when the last time i made him lunch. am i suppose to do that too?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I work at night so lunch is whatever is in the frig or cabinet. dinner, I have homemade sketti sauce brewing with giant meatballs (leftover raw hamburgers from last night)
Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In addition to the above meatloaf recipe my kids like it when I bake it in muffin pans, doesnt cook quite as long and have bite size meat loafs
Old 03-20-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

one of my favorite things is thanksgiving cassarole.
thin boneless chicken breast on the bottom of a pan, corn on top of that then stuffing on top of that with a can of chicken gravy on top of that, stick it in the oven for about 25 to 35 minutes and walah one meal in one pan
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

okay so its 11:30 and Ive already ate all the food I brought. Good thing the office manager is ordering in. Its not lunch time yet and I am really hungry
Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
gnome on the range

I made tacos last night so that's whats for lunch today.

I too LOVE mashed potatoes! I use the mixer too, real butter and salt and pepper. I'm going to try the garlic clove next time. Have done the sour cream before, but I guess the family didnt care for it cos I haven't done it since. should try it again. I found out the hard way about too much water and over cooking - I made a HUGE batch of mashed potatoes and they were ruined... and there is no way that you can fix them that I could find. I searched the internet looking for a solution... hmmm... does alton know how to remedy that?? he should figure it out if not... man I love potatoes!

Tonight I may just go ahead and make basgetti... mmm... I have a frozen garlic bread loaf in the freezer that keeps calling my name...

I love to cook... but only when I'm in the mood. otherwise its simple and quick... which is what the tacos are reserved for. open a can of beans, brown some ground beef with a taco seasoning, fry up some corn tortillas(bad... I know, but still... mmmmm....)... voila! instant meal that the whole family loves. when I'm feeling really good, I'll make some mexican rice. thats quick and easy too. I fry/brown the rice, add the water, use 2 T of that Knorr tomato powder and I throw in a small onion and garlic a can of stewed tomatoes and a handful of frozen peas, carrots and corn to get some veggies in the meal.

oh man, I'm hungry. I guess this is why I didn't follow the last thread about food... I get all excited talking about food... and HUNGRY.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
gnome on the range

gee thanks... this is why I can't read through these posts! now I'm even hungry-er. I want that pizza recipe, too... and i'll take your stand mixer. jk
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you guys got me thinking about homemade pizza, haven't made that in yrs. gotta go to the store in a littl while and and you guys got me thinking about cooking. i don't like to cook, had so many children, i had to cook.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Teke, you sound like my MIL. SHe raised 6 kids. always cooked. Cooks awesome. LAst week me, Ah and BIL were talking about our favorite meals of hers she got the most disgusted look on her face. The next day we were there and she had individually bagged amounts of ingredients for on \e of her specialties and carefully written out recipe. She ahnded it to my AH and said here go home and fix your family this.

We laughed, but we together mixed and preparedthe meal.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I and I'm positive fiance is happy to announce we are going out to eat!!! He knows I cant cook 2 good meals in a row so that was it for the week for me. Stay tuned to next mondays episode of As the kitchen turns! Mondays are the only day's I cook! Most times its pizza and wings!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok You All Are Making Me Hungryyyyyy... Everything Sounds Really Delicious. I Am Making For Dinner Tonite, My Hubbys Favorite Meal. Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Corn. But I Love Making Tacos Too, And I Make Great Enchiladas. Never Buy Store Bought Taco Shells. Make My Own. Thank You All And I Am Kimmie A Grateful Recovering Addict Who Is Starving...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Anvil u confused me lol my name is Kim and I was like wait my cooking made u that hungry I knew it wasnt true. Now, french dips please go on....... Are these made with steakums cause I can do those!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh I Wanted To Say That For Mashed Potatoes If You Cook Them With The Skins On They Dont Over Cook.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Lots Of Laughs Anvil. Dinner Will Be At Six. And I Will Make Gravie
Lol