wonderful things about today

Old 03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wonderful things about today

Today I went with my gf and eldest daughter to look for a wedding outfit for my gf. She is also a nurse and rides a bike, I introduced her to Jim 4 years ago, so I am the maid of honor. She ordered these white python boots with fishnet[yes, fishnet], and is looking for an outfit that matches the boots. She paid a lot of money for these and wants to buy a matching swatch of leather [my guess is for the hot pants and halter top]....we keep teasing her. She is taking a gauzy skirt and embellishing it with beads...lots of beads....They are actually getting married at the beach, with a bike procession. After shopping we all went out to dinner and had a wonderful time. This evening I went to the AA/NA meeting to give them Keiths books and spoke to his sponsor. He told me I was in denial, I didn't want to know that Keith was actively using[they were at our home for superbowl and didn't notice anything, and they are addicts]. I did not argue, just said good-bye to his girl and left. On the way home my phone rang, first was my youngest[clean 2 yrs], just checking in on her way home from work[my mom watched my grandson tonite so I could have a nite off], and then my elder daughter called[I was with her today]just calling to tell me what she was doing....I cannot believe how blessed I am today....
Old 03-17-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear that things are going so well for you, i pray that they continue to get better as the days go by.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
President

Sounds like you had an eventful day. It always makes me feel good to try to focus on those good things!

Much love and hugs!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Little by little you will heal. Try to look for something special and positive every day and every day will seem a little bit better.
(((HUGS))))