What the heck is going on??

Old 03-17-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink What the heck is going on??

Just a couple days ago I was at work with my windows open. Got to go for walks with just a sweatshirt on. Well pants & stuff too, not "just" a sweatshirt. Saw my yard reapear. Saw that I didn't clean up after the dog as well as I should have. I promised hubby I would be out tackling the yard this weekend.
I get up this morning and everything is covered with snow. I have to go out and flippin shovel!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ahh the weather, its nice here, in atl, can't you just leave the snow and the dog poop and come to atl. until its over. my rah i guess would love to be there, he's from ny and is always missing the snow. have fun
Old 03-17-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The dog poop. Ah, must be spring. Helpus, we have 4 medium sized dogs, one Chihuahua and lots of dog poop. We had 4 days in the 50's and 60's and all of the snow left the back yard. My job to poop scoop but with my bum knee the job fell to the hubby. He did a nice job and now the yard is both snow free and poop free. Gotta love spring Marle
Old 03-17-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Helpus I was just going to post this thread lol. WHAT has happened I was coming home from work lastnight and it started snowing!!! I just woke up looked out the window and where covered AGAIN! I just put the shovel away too, damnit! I wonder if the big st patty parade will still go on? I guess we cant be shocked we do live in NY our worst storms have been in March and April! Go Figure! If you were just a tad closer I would come and help u shovel! I dont do dog poo though!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

KJ I see the parade is still on. We have some die hard St Patty's day fans around here!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Helpus...Our office closed early yesterday because of the weather...I usually drive with the window open a tad regardless of temperature, just to feel fresh air. I had to shut it tight because I was being hit with hail, lol! On Wednesday I was sweating in my blazer when I went for a lunch time walk...it was mid to high 70's. Now I am putting off going out to clean the car and shovel the driveway. This too shalll pass...Mid-March is such a tease! Hugs
Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
President

I love snow!!! I really do! It looks sooo pretty!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

It sucks doesn't it?? I was just starting to think about planting some flowers...ha ha ha on me!!! Shovelling up here in the great white toooo!!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I just spent over 4 hours today removing 24 inches of snow from my place and the 3 neighbors (I have the only working snowblower on the dead end road.. we all HAVE snowblowers but the others failed for one reason or another).

I can tell you this.. Mother Nature looked down on NY about 5 weeks ago and said, ""Dang.. I FORGOT to give those ppl in the Northeast some WINTER..." and immediately made up for lost time...

Could be worse.. the Blizzard of 1888 was in March.. and that was 48 inches of snow.

After spending all that time removing snow (both with machine and shovel) I can tell you that pretty is HIGHLY over Rated!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i can't imagine that much snow, we haven't seen one ounce of snow all winter. i don't know if i could live through all of that, how do you guys do it. bet you don't even have high gas bills either, do ya.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Well, Teke, I have high fuel oil bills to heat the house. I did a contract and the price went down so I think I did OK. I use around 1,000 gallons a year of fuel and that includes domestic hot H2O. Or, that is what I have used for the last two years. Probably be around 1,200 -1,300 gallons in a really cold year. I think this year my price averaged around $2.45 a gallon.. maybe less.

Gasoline is $2.66 a gallon right now. I drive 32 miles one way to work and the car gets around 30MPG so you can see where that is going....

NY is a high tax State.. Property taxes to fund schools being my biggest gripe... but I don't have any kids, so it is whining on my part.

However, the way my Town takes care of our dead end road and a few other things, I must say I don't MIND the property taxes for Town and County as I think they do a pretty good job.

You stand the winter because the spring is so beautiful. You stand the winter because you always have, tho this one is the first one I am really looking 4ward to the end of!

The Red wing Blackbirds have been back about 3 weeks now and the Grackles. I have song sparrows at the bird feeder and the Male Blouebirds hang around the nest boxes some. Robins are here most of the winter.. no idea what they eat but their numbers have increased recently so that means the migrating ones are coming back.

All the bird calls ahve changed over to spring calls, so that is another thing.

I guess it is all that stuff and the snow melt that makes winter not so bad.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

gotta tell you the truth. It was 70 degrees here today, wore my leather jacket and went riding with my daughter and a friend...It was beautiful