Detox

Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox

I got such great support here when I was just losing it, and now I have a question. I've read about detox and how dangerous it can be. My son, who is my AH, won't got to detox, stating he could "do it himself". I persuaded him to come here and do it because he plans to start a new job soon. I knew he wasn't capable of keeping the job because of the shape he was in. He's been here a little over 24 hrs. and so far he has the shakes and his blood pressure is high. Otherwise he is doing well. I'd at least rather he was here than alone somewhere in case he has a seizure. My husband and I are watching him. I don't know what's going to happen, but that's where we are right now. Any advice?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...al-stroke.html

Edit:

My personal experience here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...9-post280.html
Old 03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AS tried the same thing here 2 times neither worked--but that doesn't mean it can't for you AS..It can be very dangerous--as a nurse I felt a little more comfortable(really I shouldn't have)LOTS and lots of liquids-and if his blood pressure is going real high it might be wise to call the doc or visit an ER,,,But if he won't go at least he is trying and he is not alone...I wish you the best--please just know he would be better in the care of professional....
Old 03-17-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My advice is to get professional medical attention. There's no reason he should do this on his own. They can give him drugs during detox that will help. He won't have to suffer at all.