daughter incommunicado again

Old 03-16-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

daughter incommunicado again

It's been 2 weeks since I've last heard from my daughter. She called at that time to tell me her and junkie boyfriend were leaving the crack house they were at, cause people were "after them".

At that time, she asked what her son wanted for his birthday...it was last Sunday....well, surprise, surprise....we didn't hear from her.

I didn't even tell my grandson that she was gonna call, and lo and behold....she didn't....

But now 2 weeks have gone by, and once again, I'm in the position of not knowing where she is, or how to find her. She made it quite clear that I was to stay away from the crack house, because it would be dangerous for me to go there looking for her. Arghhhhhhhh, I just hate addiction, and I hate this person my daughter has become.

Just venting really......I know there is nothing to be done....there was just a little peace knowing I could find her if I needed to....and now.....again....I'm back to not knowing where she is.....

Why couldn't I have had a normal child. Why couldn't she have taken another path.....Ohhhh, I know all the answers to this.....it's not my problem....but , ......anyway....just whining......sooo, it's off to work I go....working nights tonight.....

Thanks for being here SR!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending you some hugs. My daughter is being the same way since I last saw her a week ago last Wednesday. I refused to enable her and she got p*ssed when I called her on her scam. Maybe someday we will both have "normal" daughters. I guess we will just have to have faith and patience. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not and marle,

i can't imagine what you're going through - it's been a month now that i've haven't heard a word from my sister - i talked to my mom today about my sister - after watching that hbo show addiction last nite i told my mom i cried for all the parents who lost their children because of addiction - i asked if i would ever be able to feel that way about my sister - to understand this *disease* and if that's the case i really don't want to hate her...

my mom is coming here for a visit on march 25th and bringing the lil guys brothers - my mom cried for the first time since all of this has been going on - march 25th is my sisters birthday and my mom fears it will be the day she finds out she died of an overdose - she told me that she understands my anger but that my sister is her daughter and this is just killing her - i have a 13 year old daughter and can't imagine going through this with her - there but for the grace of god go i...

i don't and don't know if i can ever understand any of this - but i really want to try and accept it for what it is and help in a way that i can - i really do - i just wish it wasn't so hard on all of us...

with love,
s
Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gam cacjers, my grandbaby calls them that too. sorry that you feel bad, notsleepingwell, hope you feel better in a little while. still praying for you and your daughter.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i think we all ask the question"why are our children addicts". we do know they did not want to grow up to be the way they are.do not go looking for her,it can be dangerous.take the lil guy & yall do some thing fun this weekend.take care of yourself.i feel your pain but there is nothing we can do.hugs,
Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((((NSW)))))))))
Vent away, please. I know it is so heartbreaking. Seeing where the disease has brought her must be so painful, but not knowing is at least equally so. I just keep praying...for everyone here with a loved one still out there. You are a wonderful mom, never forget that...and a fantastic grandmother too. Hugs and prayers
Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

notsleeping........I wish I could give you a real hug , but since I can't ((hug)). Wish I could help I know exactly what you mean when you said you ''hate the person she has become" ..it hurts so much not being able to help your own child.. sending prayers...

Connie
Old 03-16-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((NSW))) I pray that HP will hold your daughter and walk with her during this time.

And that you can be filled with peace, and warmth and comfort.

(((hugs)))
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((((NSW)))))))))))))

Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
krhea75

Why is a good question. We have all felt that way. You are doing what is right, even though it's so darn hard. Just know that here you can vent and we can relate.
krhea
Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im sending my hugs and prayers to all!!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

greetings and prayers and peace to all the moms. strength in numbers. let's just keep supporting each other. blessings, k