Notices

day four

Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day four

Hello everyone.
I am on day four here...I have not been able to sleep at night at all even though I am exhausted during the day. I am not thinking of anything...I am just not falling asleep. I have 2 small children so other than the last 2 nights, sleep is never a problem for me.
I quit drinking on Monday. I was not drinking that much(not like my old blackout self of my 20's) but more than was healthy. I was drinking about 5-6 beers a night or the equivelant in other drinks since November. I cannot remember feeling so....off...the last time I quit drinking. I am so glad that I stopped drinking but I wish I felt better. Another odd thing is I am very sweaty...which is not normal for me. I am wondering if these could be symptoms of a minor withdrawal?? Sigh I am just venting. I am home alone with my children so I am using this as my portal to the world.
Thank you for reading and for hearing me.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and it's great to see you are moving forward!
)
I surmise that you are correct.. sweating and sleep
problems are often a fact in de toxing.

Tomorrow should be a much better day!

Blessings to you and your family
Old 03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by sooobeee View Post
Hello everyone.
I am on day four here...I have not been able to sleep at night at all even though I am exhausted during the day. I am not thinking of anything...I am just not falling asleep. I have 2 small children so other than the last 2 nights, sleep is never a problem for me.
I quit drinking on Monday. I was not drinking that much(not like my old blackout self of my 20's) but more than was healthy. I was drinking about 5-6 beers a night or the equivelant in other drinks since November. I cannot remember feeling so....off...the last time I quit drinking. I am so glad that I stopped drinking but I wish I felt better. Another odd thing is I am very sweaty...which is not normal for me. I am wondering if these could be symptoms of a minor withdrawal?? Sigh I am just venting. I am home alone with my children so I am using this as my portal to the world.
Thank you for reading and for hearing me.

Sooobeee,

I'm not an expert on withdrawal symptoms but I suppose they could be. When we suddenly stop the intake of our addiction, our mind, our bodies, our souls say to us, "Hey, what the f**k is goin' on here. I want that stuff, I need that stuff. Gimme back my stuff."

One things is for sure, you will be launched into a new dimension if you are just willing to be honest and openminded. You are never alone. There is One who is looking out for you even now. One who has a hand on your children, protecting them, loving them. That One will guide you and keep you safe.

You are never alone. The One is listening and so am I.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed
Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

great job sooobeee. im on my fourth day too. i couldnt sleep well for the first 2 days. my mind was going a mile a min. hope it gets better for you.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-expect.html

this is a link to a sticky that might help you understand more of what you are going through and the symptoms........

it's wonderful that you are quitting now, my mama was a 6 beer a night drinker for a long time, but of course it gradually led to much heavier drinking, with much stronger drinks..........so the fact that you are ready to quit while it's still early on, is great.........i did the same thing........i was still in the early stages of my addiction when i found SR and the courage to admit i had a problem, and to quit............in my opinion, it is so much easier early on.......you are lucky to come to terms with this before it is too late......how very brave of you..........

hugs
ayla
Old 03-15-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oh, i wanted to mention this.........i have suffered from insomnia for most of my life........and i am an addict, and have never been comfortable with the idea of sleeping pills anyway.........with children, i have to be alert in the middle of the night, you know?

i started taking trazadone a few months ago........it is an antidepressant, but it is more commonly prescribed as a sleep aid, it's not habit forming and it really works for me............if your insomnia doesn't get better, maybe you should ask your doctor about it? it has worked wonders for me.........i'm getting 5 or six hours a night, which is amazing for me, and i'm not too groggy in the morning............
Old 03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I still struggle wuth insomnia 5 months into sobriety. Stopping coffee before 5 PM helps.

The sweats will go away though. IIRC, they lasted a week or 10 days.

Yes, I would say you're having minor withdraw symptoms. Do you have anxiety ? depression ? Those are also common.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your support. I did not have easy sleep last night either but am feeling better today. The last time I quit drinking(8 years ago)I was more of a binge/blackout drinker with hangovers that lasted for 2 days. I went to rehab and it worked for 7+ years...but I got busy/distracted and overconfident. I figured that I could go it alone.
I did not let myself fall too far this time, but far enough. I know my denial was working overtime. My children are so important to me, and I really do not want them to see me drinking ever...especially with addiction so rampent in our family. I want to lead by example.
I know I need help. I will attend a meeting this weekend. I am hopeful, but still so tired and I am ashamed for relapsing.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sooobeee View Post
Another odd thing is I am very sweaty...which is not normal for me. I am wondering if these could be symptoms of a minor withdrawal?? Sigh I am just venting.
Yep, do you get goose bumps while you sweat too? hehe, I sure did. It IS withdrawal, and it will go away anytime now. Hang in there.
Also sleeping will get better too
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep it simple, sooobeee. 4 plus 1 equals 5, etc. blessings, k
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
keep it simple, sooobeee. 4 plus 1 equals 5, etc. blessings, k
KISS, keep it simple silly.......I love that old saying, KISS.

Welcome aboard, soooobeee.
best wishes, hope3
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Good job ..you can make it some more.

I myself am on day 3. No problem sleeping but the dreams are killin me.

My grandfather drank all his life all day everyday. I seen him go one day without a drink and I thought he was gonna die. He was pale and very sick..puking and shakey. It was nuts. I as a crack addict never had any physical withdrawls. Just mind tricks.

You'll be Ok. I am no doctor but sometimes when i cant sleep I take a melatonin. It's an all natural sleep aid that seems to work. but maybe someone has another opinion on that.
maybe a nice hot bath before you lay down.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

One thing that we need to remember is that this too shall pass, sometimes it isn't pleasant to us but if we don't use things do get different in time. I know we all want things to be right now but it took us a lot of abusing ourselves that it is going to take some time to straighten out.

I know for me the first few months were hard. Even with the medication that I take they kept trying to adjust it to get me more sleep then I would still wake up at night. Still today at almost 10 months clean I have those nights. I do however get more straight sleep now then I did lets say 4 months ago. so this is a process not a destination. Just be gentle with yourself and I will be gentle with Vic

With Love and Respect

Vic