Great News - Bogus rehab being prosecuted

Old 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great News - Bogus rehab being prosecuted

A year ago almost exactly I called my state's drug hotline. They referred me to a rehab in a very bad area. I didn't have much choice at the time...they wanted $750 up front. I got highly suspicious when he wanted me to pay for the following month only 3 days later. And he wanted to put my son on Public Asst., which I found out later, he took everything they got.
The place had a heroin set right behind the house, a crack set across the street and a marijuana set one block down. Plus they were free to wander the streets.
After I pulled my son out of there, and they refused to refund my money, I put in a complaint to the state, since THEY referred me, but AS never witnessed the preacher or head guy actually using....only knew they were out of it and knew why second hand.
The DA's office called today and said they now have a witness and want to include my complaint in the prosecution. I said sure, but I still want my money back :-)
Anyway, another set of scumbags feeding off our addicts will hopefully end up in jail. Personally, I feel people feeding off of others that can't help themselves are the worst of the worst.
The system might take a long time, but guess it works eventually.
Thought you all might like to hear this wonderful news!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

this is certain an eye opener for me, never thought about rehabs running scams. glad that they got caught, and i hope you will be able to get your money back. this is awful. thanks for the post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's good to see justice for people like that. I hope they go to jail for a very long time.

Hugs
Old 03-16-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats great! I also didnt think rehabs would even think about running scams!

A rehab near me closed down as well. Not for scams but their methods were awful! They would chain patients to the wall in the basements! They beat them! Couldnt beleive it! Im glad they closed down!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

I am glad to hear this, SecretMom... and thank you for being willing to make the report and have it used in the case. Without consequences for actions... you know they would go back out and do it again.

I am sorry for all the folks they hurt and pray that this will bring to those who scammed the others, exactly what they need.