feeling angry!

Old 04-25-2003, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry feeling angry!

Hi All, I haven't posted in awhile but this morning I got up went into the kitchen and saw the pile of dishes in the sink and really started to get a resentment. He just works and sleeps. I work, do the house, take care of the pets, well, you know the rest. I guess I need to talk about this with him but I don't want to sound like a total bitch. I just don't know how to communicate my feelings. This is really buliding up for me and I need to do something about it. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, JJ
Old 04-25-2003, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

JJAA.

There are a number of ways to approach it, but you won't be heard unless you are calm while you talk to him about it. Do you go to al anon meetings? Do you have a sponsor? It would be best to figure out what you want to say and how to say it, and perhaps try it out on someone else you trust first - maybe your sponsor if you have one.

I'm guessing that this is an ongoing situation that is especially frustrating to you right now. Is this a symptom of something bigger or is it just about dirty dishes? MIght be worth a thought. I've been known to blow up over something like wet towels on the floor, but my frustration was really about something totally different.

Good luck. We're here
O59
Old 04-28-2003, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the kind words and wisdom. I finally talked about things with him and kept it real calm. He was very supportive,. It's true when things are bother ing me it is usually something else
entirely. JJ
Old 04-29-2003, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((jjaa))))

Sounds like you handled everything with a level head! I'm not sure I would have. My first reaction is to take it out on the kids, because I know if I say anything (even the slightest thing) it sets "him" off. Poor kids--but they understand. We talk it over all the time, because we all have the same problem.

You did a good job--and I hope the rest of the week goes smoother for you.

Lyn