Two off the subject questions. . .

Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Two off the subject questions. . .

One: If you're already tall (5'8"-above) should you wear high heels?

I'm 6'0" without heels but all my dress shoes are 4" heels or more? I LOVE my heels and am confident when I wear them but I'm so sick of hearing people say, "You're already tall! You don't need to wear heels!" If I don't mind being a giant in them why should others?

Two: Should you date a man that is shorter than you?

Although I usually don't have much of a choice dating someone shorter than me, I wonder what's going on in their mind. I know I always feel I little odd myself about it but as I said before I'm kind of stuck. For many, dating someone shorter isn't an option. Where did this popular bias come from? The media or is there something biological about it?

Just random questions that popped into my mind and I wanted some opinions on them. I'm silly, I know. . .LOL
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

#1. I am 5' 10" and although I find heels attraactive, I don't wear anything above 2" because I get terrible cramps in my feet.
#2. My husband is only 5' 3" and you know what I said to him when we started dating 17 years ago? He commented on my height and I said "height don't make a difference when you're laying down!" HAHAHAHA
Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

For the most part...women are smaller then men (general terms)
I would think that is what has people think a woman should date a taller man.

As to what guys think...

(remembering back when I was younger)

Wish I was taller so maybe she might say yes if I ask her to dance.
She is one nice looking lady.

Just be your beautiful self and don't worry what others think.

Now that I am older and wiser (or is that more a wise guy?)
6 foot with heels and me at 5'8" Yup that would be just about right for a long slow dance *LOL*
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I don't mind being a giant in them why should others?

Exactly! If you like heels, go for it...What other people think truly doesn't matter!

Same with shorter dates...What is within is what is important, certainly isn't height or lack thereof.

I went about a year an a half without heels because of a significant leg iunjury trying to be a diva on ice, lol. Now that things are back to normal, (or my version of normal ) I've found that playing dress up is sometimes fun with some decent heels (as long as I can kick them off as soon as they start hurting) So I think I understand how heels can make you feel good. Good for you, being kind to yourself is great recovery!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Tropikgal2, I LOVE IT! I was laughing so hard I started crying. I'll have to remember that one myself!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ohhh you'll be okay, i agree that your beauty lies within.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

If you can wear heels and are confident in them, I say go for it. I never could wear them and then I had two knee surgeries and anything with a heel causes me terrible pain (so now I never have to weart them).

I don't think height should make a difference tho I have heard that some of what we find attractive has to do with species averaging.. Tall guys like short women and Tall women are often attracted to short guys.. tho who knows if this was a real double blind study or from someone trying to sell something.

I think anyone who says anything to you is really out of line, unprofessional and not minding their own business. Anyone who makes a comment could be responded to with "why do you ask? Or why do you care?" Usually off puts them....
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((NewBlue)))))

I'm only 5'6 and when I dated, 20 years ago, lol, I dated a couple o' guys who were shorted than I am. Heck! Even in junior high, I remember going steady with a shorty. lol
This is a cute thread. Takes me back, big time.
Women who are tall...are hot!
Especially tall, lean women. When I wear heels, and remember my height, (doesn't add much more) I feel very sexy, and hubby agrees. I don't do it often, cause yeah, it hurts like all heck, but I love to get dressed up and wear heels. I just don't do it enough. lol
I say "be a tower, gf".
Any commentors should be handed a small, white card with "who gives a f*ck?" printed on it. lol That'll give'em pause to think.
You go for it!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm not very tall 5'5" but I love wearing my heel not too often though I'm more of a nike girl. I carry myself differently in heels I walk with more confidence I feel sexy. Hmm maybe I will put a pair on right now. Wear what makes you happy!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

I am 5' 11" and my Alanon program sponsor is 6' 2" and my younger sis is 6' 2".

My sis ALWAYS wears heels - the higher, the better.
I ALWAYS wear flats - the lower the better.

Sis wants to feel "confident".
I want to "disappear" and "look smaller".

My sponsor shared at a meeting the other day that before she got into program and started working stuff out, she wore the high heels to "intimidate" others... and it made me think about my sis.

My sis wears the heels when she is in a situation that makes her most uncomfortable, so I wonder if the "feeling confident" thing is more a fear-thing and she is trying to compensate?

Or, maybe she just likes making an entrance and having everyone notice her!

As far as the short men thing - before the movies, no one noticed, I think. It was all the movies that told us that the man "had" to be taller.

My Mr. Big is "exactly" the same height as me (but he will TELL you he is taller...grin). I dated men shorter than him, but I wasn't getting what I needed from them. Back then, what I was looking for was a sense of being protected. Today, I might not be looking for that same thing and it may change my perspective.

In any case, ENJOY!! ENJOY!!! ENJOY!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Be your wonderful, confident self. If you feel good in heels, wear them! I've been told by more than one man (and a few women too) that sexy is much more about an aura or the confidence and self assurance than it is a "look".

And its just darn FUN to be able to look good, feel good and strut your stuff. Check out my avatar... she is one confident, sexy, struttin her stuff hot little mama!!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She sure is and she has heels on!! SEXY MAMA!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi newblue82 - Don't you just love those pink heels on bookmiser's reply! I've shrunk to 5' 4" - always wanted to be 5" 7" but I won't wear even 3" heels to get there. You just enjoy being you at whatever height - I aways liked it when my kids grew taller than me - so much easier to see them in a crowd.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I'm 5'6" & you can gladly have my High Heels when you pry them from my cold dead feet!!!!!!!!! lol

My hubby is 5'6" also & doesn't really matter when we go anywhere, that I'm about 3-4 inches taller than him - I'm just grateful that he's standing up on his own cuz he's sober!! He's just grateful to be alive.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Excellent feedback! Yeah, I think I will just keep struttin' my stuff though I doubt I'll ever be as sexy as Cats' avatar! Well, I can certainly relate to beat up feet at the end of the day. . .I'm kicking the heels off as soon as I can. Here's a hint I learned when I was modeling, to "familiarize" yourself with your new heels, wear them while you're cleaning your house! I can imagine quite a few boyfriends and husbands enjoying that view. . .LOL! Good luck!