feeling grateful for you all

Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

feeling grateful for you all

I just was sitting here after reading so many ofyour posts tonight, and thanking God that I have found this forum. I am a stronger person, and I still have a long way to go, but I know that I can come here every day and read and learn. I don't always post, but things that you say here and there stick in my mind throughout the day and they help so much. My AS is so manipulative and i felt so bad for him after my divorce that I let him manipulate me. Now I am seeing how that hurt him more than helped. I know there has been a lot of talk about being too harsh on people, but i really don't feel that way. Even the terse comments have something to teach me. I am just blabbing on here, but I just had this overwhelming desire to tell you all how much I appreciate you sharing your stories and your lives with all of us.
krhea
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ditto

I have been away from SR for a little while but I check in from time to time. Although my recovery started a couple of years ago, I keep coming back to refresh or read up on things to keep me on the right trac. I am not one to stay long and or share alot anymore, only because i get all fumbled with my words and tend to go on and on. But I do appreciate the wordy gifted ones, the witty funny ones, and most importantly all that have contributed with there sharing.

So again Ditto with what kreah75 said !
Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ditto to all of that you both just said. you all should have seen how crazy i was when i first came here. life saver if i ever saw one.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

krhea - so glad we all found this soft spot to land - and it's here 24/7 - how lucky can we get. Yes I believe we do learn from the "terse comments" IF we LET ourselves. Always liked that word "let"
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

krhea, I'm glad you found us too and that you share your light with all of us.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey krhea - don't be too hard on yourself about what you wished was different about your divorce etc. you're a loving mother, and your son is lucky to have you on his side during this time of crisis. the guilt is tough, i know, i fight it all the time with my and my daughter's recovery. just keep letting go of it. blessings, k
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Krhea, I did the same with my daughter and it was not because of divorce. I wanted her to have the perfect life and not have to struggle like I did growing up. Even though I might have created a selfish, spoiled brat, I did not create a drug addict and neither did you. You are a good mom. Hugs, Marle