Do I Dare to Hope??

Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do I Dare to Hope??

My son met with the doctor who wanted to work with him. The doc put him on 3 medications. I really don't know what all they are except for an antidepressant. If it looks like they can continue to work together, I will help my son find a place to stay in the town so he can be closer to the doctor.

Leaving the town where he was staying in the boiler room of a hotel, was a good thing. He is resting, eating, and trying to recover a little energy. The arm is doing fine where he had the infection and surgery. It didn't look as bad as I expected.

The doctor said my son is passive suicidal. I really knew thagt already. He won't intentionally take his life, but he wants to rush his demise because he feels he has no reason to live. The hep c diagnosis is the greatest cause of this. The doctor told me he was surprised to know of some of the things son wouldn't do because he felt it wouldn't be right - such as enter a relationship. So he feels lonely.

I am not getting my hopes up ( I think) because I know the track record. However, this method has never been tried or even suggested. This doctor says meetings aren't for everyone, which is son's philosophy. I just pray that the doc does continue to try and help him get on medical assistance and possibly disability. Right now the doc is getting the most expensive med for him without cost. I'm thankful for that.

If this doc hadn't come into our lives, he would probably still be in the boiler room, so for today, I'm more at peace. Just for today. Should this effort fail, I will recover and continue.

Washbe
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am really happy he has found a dr. i hope things go well for you & for him. keep letting us know what is going on.i have been thinking of you.prayers for you & your son.hugs,hope
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

washbe !!!
ofcourse there is hope!!!!
i hope for ur son to get better.but recovery is long and hard,, thatswhy dont put ur expectation high,,so u dont getreally hurt if chalangeses come
concentarate on things that make u happy!ill be praying for u and ur family!!!.. amen!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

Always ok to hope... I do so daily. Long as we don't try to predict the specific outcome.

(((Washbe))) Prayers going up!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear that your son has found help, keeping you both in my prayers
Old 03-13-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hope is what keeps us afloat. I am happy to hear your son has found the help he needs.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Washbe, You never know who or what it will take for the addict to be willing to surrender. I tell myself that everyday about my daughter. There is probably someone she is yet to meet or something she has yet to go through. Maybe you and your son needed to meet that specific doctor. Hugs and prayers for you and your son, Marle
Old 03-13-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, Washbe, I dare to hope too, that your son finds his miracle with this doctor.

Meetings are not for everyone. Many get clean just on their own, but many more reach out and find a better way, just as your son has done.

Huge prayers going out today, for your son and for you, and one of gratitude for this doctor.

Hugs
Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in the light

((( washbe ))) Keeping hope alive is always good. Dare to hope just for today,
trusting whatever comes you will keep keeping on.

Emily Dickinson wrote these lines:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.

Her words remind me to keep singing the tune without attaching to outcomes.

May your son find a way to heal, renew and benefit from help with this wonderful Doctor.
Hugs
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Washbe)))
Miracles happen every day. In fact, I think his H.P. lead him right to this Dr. and hopefully, he will stay the course. At least it's looking like he's going in the right direction.

As for the diagnosis of Hep C....he needs to get more info on the disease, and it's prognosis. My BIL has had Hep C for about 8 years now, and has a good life.

Hugs,
Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Washbe2 - Glad to hear your son has a caring doctor - my daughter went back to doctor yesterday and he was caring enough to get her back on the program even though he was at capacity - he said she was worth it - I'll see how today goes - maybe test will show Hep c too it's painful to admit our loved ones are struggling with an evil powerful desire to injure themselves to the point of causing harm to themselves and heartache to friends and family. ((((HUGS))))
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello washbe, i'm praying for your family. you son is lucky to have so many caring adults. keep up the good work! blessings, k