Enabling or saving my sanity?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enabling or saving my sanity?

First, let me say that I realize the things I am only suffering are only minor annoyances compared to what many of you have had to go through. If my posts seem trite, please forgive me.

One of the chores that my friend does in return for living here is the laundry. With three growing sons and a construction worker husband, not to mention I do construction three days a week, there is a LOT of laundry to do. Generally, she does fine, but I have a sweater issue. She has absolutely ruined several of my sweaters by putting them in the dryer. The last one was one that my oldest son bought for me in Bolivia. It is made of llama wool and she washed it with towels which caused little white pills to attach themselves to it. When she did that, I asked her not to wash my sweaters anymore. I told her to just leave them in the bottom of the clothes hamper and when I got a full load of sweaters, I would wash them. She agreed and just kept right on washing them. So, when I take my sweaters and hide them until I get a full load and then wash them, am I enabling her? (I know that really sounds silly, but we have literally hundreds of these type little things going on in our house on a daily basis...)

Thanks for your input.

Roni
Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think you are enabling her......you just don't want anymore ruined sweaters.....and hey, if it bothers you it is not trite.

Venting is good for the soul.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No; I love my sweaters, too, and if hiding them saves them, that is for me.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Nothing that bothers you is unimportant because YOU matter! We all have to learn that lesson around here! ;-)

I don't think it is enabling at all for you to take care of your own sweaters. I would think that is more like a boundary that you are setting, and that is a good thing.

Just keep your sweaters seperate and wash them yourself if that makes you happy!

(((HUGS))))