He's going down fast now - totalled his car

Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy He's going down fast now - totalled his car

Tried posting this on my other post but not sure if it went through because I got an error so we'll try this way:

He totalled his car last night. Hit a telephone pole, flew into a deep ditch where he flipped over on his side and smashed into some boulders on the other side of the ditch. He originally told me it happened at 7am this morning on his way to work. Said the roads were bad. Well I went and looked at the car (he left it there) and it was covered in snow and the tracks were already buried. It STOPPED SNOWING HERE at around 6am! He had sent me a text at 1:39am asking if he could come over (we all know he only does that when he's drunk!!) The road he was on is NOT on his way to work but is in the OPPOSITE direction towards my house. He finally admitted he was coming here but still insists he wasn't drinking. I don't believe him. I know he was drunk. After seeing the car I'm surprised he wasn't badly hurt! His boss told me he looked like he was in a fight because he is all banged up and his head and face are bruised. The car looks terrible! Entire front end and drivers side are completely smashed. Passenger side doors won't even open, the bottom of the car looks mangled. 3 out of the 4 tires are shredded. Inside the rear view mirror and dome lights were broken and his speakers in the back were all topsy turvy and broken. I took this as a Divine Intervention. Had he shown up at 1:30 am the cops would have been called and who knows what would've happened. God is telling us both something here!!! I for one am listening LOUD AND CLEAR!!
So no lectures tonight please.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

No lectures tonight, sweetie. Just prayers that you'll find some peace soon.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Isn't it incredible when the things we feared come to life like a nightmare animated? And think of how much worse it could have been - no one was hit, he didn't break his neck. And yes, of course you're right, he was drink no doubt.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dobie,

Wow. I'm glad the sanctity and peace of your home was protected, and I really pray he is able to look at the car and see the metaphor. That sounds really serious.

Thanks for posting.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didn't want to offend anyone so I didn't say this but I have to now cuz I really took it this way (Sorry if I offend anyone!) I pictured God kicking his car off the road and saying "LISTEN UP A$$HOLE! SHE SAID NO!! NOW LEAVE HER ALONE!" Let's hope he heard Him this time!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by dobiediva View Post
Let's hope he heard Him this time!
That is all we can do...hope and pray.

A totaled car and thoughts of what could have been still may not be enough.
Could be but don't get hopes to high.
Things will happen when they happen and only when he is ready to accept and seek change.
Continue taking care of you.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No lectures diva, just a prayer of thanks that you weren't in the car with him, that he didn't kill somebody else on the road. I'm really glad you don't believe his story, and yes, I think God is investing extra time in getting your attention. Have a cuz you've earned it.

Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Mike.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tried posting this on my other post but not sure if it went through because I got an error so we'll try this way:
I removed your other, identical, post and put the replies over here, so it's all taken care of. You just take care of _you_

Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Forum didn't want to work for me earlier. All fixed now. You must have the "magic touch"!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Forum didn't want to work for me earlier. All fixed now. You must have the "magic touch"!
I wish!!! *lol* I goofed it up _twice_ before I got it right

Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dobie, I'm sorry to hear about this latest thing. I'm glad you weren't a passenger. I hope this might be his wake-up call to get some help. A lot of folks don't survive hitting a fixed object like a telephone pole or a tree. I'm glad you are safe and sound in your home.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He was very fortunate he didn't kill himself or someone else.

Take care of you.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Speaking of devine interventions, I can tell you of a few. A few years ago my husband was drunk as a skunk and crashed his little truck, he went right over a snow bank and down an embankment. When I went to get him (the cops called) they couldn't figure it out. The truck was sitting on the side of the road and the only damage was that the tailgate was crushed inward. Well dents don't go inward when you are PULLED out. The embankment was too steep to be pulled out. Yet there it was. My husband swears two huge men came along and pushed the vehicle out and left without a word. ???

My Uncle was a womanizing drinker. He had long periods of sobriety and long periods of drinking nonstop. He was very good or very bad. He was driving along the river which was frozen over. His car jumped the guardrail and plunged through the ice becoming completely submerged in ice water. The only hole in the ice was where he went through. He sank in the car. The pressure from the water would not allow him to roll down the window or open the door, yet somehow he got out and swam to shore. He said he swam through an open window. When they pulled the car from the river all the windows were rolled up and all the doors were shut. They never could figure it out.
My feeling is that God wasn't done with either of them.
I hope you will dwell on your own story because I think it was meant just a much for you.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

wow Mallow. Those are some great stories!

Today I'm wondering if he was telling the truth and not drinking (even tho' I still believe he was and it really doesn't matter) I was telling my sister about it and she said the roads were terrible when my brother in law went to work at 3am. I'm wondering if he was in the middle of sending me a text when he crashed. I drove by last night and saw where he went off the road. It IS on a curve. The distraction combined with the icey roads? Or even the icey road by itself and not being able to turn around the curve in the road. I know I'm being stupid and obsessing. Would be nice to believe him once in awhile. But that still doesn't make up for him attempting to come over uninvited!! And like I said, it really doesn't matter. No more obsessing. He's fine. I'm fine. All done
Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey dob

((((dobie)))) so scary. i am really saying a prayer that this is a wake up call him. that's what we all really hope for right? that our A's can have their wake up call and no own will get hurt in the process.
well, i don't know about the roads up there and i don't want to enable your obsessing -hehe- but i know when i got up at 7:00am yesterday i turned on the radio and they said that the roads were bad and that the phones were ringing off the hook with all kinds of accidents. they named the roads where i go to work, hence, my calling work and telling them i would not be in the morning. i was in a bad car accident last winter, broke my nose had to have major surgery and was off work for a total of six months!!! so i really pay attention to the road conditions.
but, i do not believe that he was not drinking either and no excuses remember
Old 03-08-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Wow... the only things I can think of to say have already been said. Dobie I'm so glad you're seeing this for what it is and that nobody was seriously hurt.

Hopeangel, I'm glad you played it safe and didn't drive yesterday!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Now now Hope don't encourage my obsessing! LOL The weather was worse where you are (saw tons of school closings but none in my county!) In my mind I WANT to believe HIM but for my sake and the sake of my wellbeing I HAVE to believe that my GUT is right and he was drinking-whether he was or not. For now I have to keep the bad stuff in my head so it can continue to convince my heart that he is not what's in my best interest!! Does that make sense?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Totally. I have no idea whether my ex is still drinking or not, but as long as nobody tells me that he's quit I can still believe that I didn't give up on him too soon.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh hon..boy do I know where you're at. In the past 6 months, my ex has drove into a telephone pole (somehow got away with that), knifed in a strip club, racked up a number of charges including DUI and resisting arrest for the subsequent highspeed chase..and just recently got (I posted of it) another slew of charges for threatening police with a knife etc etc.

Do I think he's hit rock bottom? Sadly, not yet. I am only glad that I am now 3000 miles away.