Notices

Detox Houston

Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox Houston

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used Detox Houston. We recently found it on the internet and called them today. They are checking our insurance and contact us tomorrow. They offer detox and stabilization.
thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Keith,

Welcome to SR!

There is lots of information and support here, so take a look around and keep posting.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Keith, My name is Sharon and Im
an Alcoholic. I just returned from
living in Houston not far from you
for 10 yrs. ...Near Langham Creek
High School.

I returned home this past Dec. back
to Baton Rouge.

Anyway....This is where i got sober
back in Aug. 8, 1990 thru a family
intervention.

Anyway....i had not heard of Detox
Houston....and do hope u can find
some info on them to help u in ur
recovery.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hiya keith!
Welcome to SR. Hopefully someone will be around soon that has heard of it. Hopefully someone that stayed there.

tj
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Keith,

Welcome to SR. I am from Houston and have not heard of this facility. We maintain a list of detox places at my home group in Northshore so if you don't have luck with this one send me a PM and I'll try to get you some more places to check out. Or you could possibly call Intergroup for AA and see if they have some lists of other places.

I didn't go to detox, I sobered up in AA but we have members who went to various facilities so like I said if you hit a brick wall don't give up because there are plenty of options.

I'm flying to Dallas and back tomorrow so it would be Thursday before I'm back online but I'm willing to try to help if you need it.

Meanwhile, definitely check out the various boards. Especially helpful are the stickies at the top of each forum.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, and welcome !

I've done medical de-tox twice. The first time I stopped on the way home and drank. The 2nd time stuck with me for about 6-8 weeks until I picked up that first drink.

My point is, have a good support system and recovery program ready for you. All de-tox does is get you through withdraw somewhat comfortably and under a doctors care. After that is when the work starts.

Good Luck and God Bless
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you found us
Welcome to SR!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of your kind words. I have a girl friend that is hooked on pain killers. She found this Houston Detox on the internet. Their web page is just not a wealth of information but she is bound and determined to go there first and wants me to go with her. They are supposed to be checking her insurance info. I think we may have an appointment for tomorrow but am not sure on the time.
Is there anything in particular I should ask or look for or be expecting? I think I am more afraid than she is. I don't think she understands what I have been going through either knowing about this for the last three years. I know that this more about her than me but it is tough not being able to talk to anyone about it all this time. Something has to change. I have tried getting mad, offering support, crying, fighting, making threats but the hold on her is just too strong. I don't want to loose her and am willing to try just about anything.
Ok, I'll quit babbling.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Keith,

Addiction causes pain for all involved.

It might be a good idea for you to check out the Friends and Families forums on this board. You'll find lots of support for yourself.